k&h on rc universe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

a few weeks ago there was and old k&h sport 40 boat with a picco .45 in it for sale on there. does anyone know whos it was? this was a pre mto hull and i think it was a cabover also. blue and white the boat was from the san diego area.

NAMBA860,

I think this is the boat you are talking about. I kept pics, but not who had it. Seems to me he was into R/C airplanes and the boat just came along with estate sale items. Someone wanted to buy it because name on hull was similar to business name - maybe a lead. Hope this helps. CHEERS !!! Bob

NAMBA860,

I think this is the boat you are talking about. I kept pics, but not who had it. Seems to me he was into R/C airplanes and the boat just came along with estate sale items. Someone wanted to buy it because name on hull was similar to business name - maybe a lead. Hope this helps. CHEERS !!! Bob
thats it bob the k&h is for Koch & Hockenberry they were out of san diego way back when and sold the molds to doug dewitt which became mto. this is the boat and i want to buy it if anyone knows who is trying to sell it.

NAMBA860,

thats it bob the k&h is for Koch & Hockenberry they were out of san diego way back when and sold the molds to doug dewitt which became mto. this is the boat and i want to buy it if anyone knows who is trying to sell it.
shane,doug is a NAMBA member west.raced with him a few times,nice guy.see if he has any info. mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
"thats it bob the k&h is for Koch & Hockenberry they were out of san diego way back when and sold the molds to doug dewitt which became mto. this is the boat and i want to buy it if anyone knows who is trying to sell it."

NAMBA860,

Yes, I know. When I moved to Poway in '87 they were still being done by K&H, and I recall when Doug bought the molds and Changed them to MTO (Made To Order). The last one I saw was Justin's at the 2010 NAMBA Nats in Reserve. 3rd place SP42. Don't know if it was an MTO or K&H, but that would be a good place to see if more are available. Last I heard, Mark Williamson has the MTO molds.

I still remember the K&H Triftway Too Kay Knudsen raced in Scale. Needed a three man working party just to get that beast into the water - - Har, Har !!! Not really - - Larry launched it by himself. CHEERS !!! Bob

Latest posts

Back