• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

K&B Throttle Linkage

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff246

Hello...newbie here, I picked up a TS2 and am putting a 3.5 k&b on it, I'm just about done gettin it ready but don't have the bracket for the throttle linkage on the motor. Does anyone have any other ways of setting up the throttle linkage without buying a clamp?

Also does anyone know where I can pick up another new TS2, a friend of mine saw it and really liked it but I can't find any around...

Hi Jeff --

The OS throttle linkage works well on the K&B. Tower Hobbies has them:

osmg9065.jpg

Alternatively you could fabricate something similar with your drill and an attitude. I've made throttle linkages out of brass, leftover aluminum stock, a piece of one of my son's broken toys, and most recently a chunk cut out of old PVC pipe. I cut to the size I want, cut a compression slot from the top (to hold the cable), drill holes for the mounting screw, throttle cable and clamping screw, then use a 4-40 tap to thread the screw holes. Note that the hole for the clamping screw is only threaded on the far side, so it can compress the slot on the cable. Clear as mud? Here's a rough sketch, for what it's worth:

throttlelinkage.gif

As for the TS2, as I understand it Aquacraft isn't making any more pending the release of the TS3. They're still turn up reliably on ebay though.

Welcome to the sport and all the best.

Dave

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Probably should have put this in the outboard forum...

Back