K&B Sleeve Mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Allen Burn's K&B 3.5

Was I the only guy at the Springfield District 8 race that noticed Allen was running a red carb on his A Stock Tunnel? I choose not to be the "Pond Nazi," but that engine is not a legal NAMBA A Stock engine with the red carb. I don't think there'd be all that much, if any, performance loss by switching to the legal gold carb.

JD
RE:A NAMBA stock 3.5 tunnel,not only is there no performance "loss" by changing from the "Red carb"[.343" bore]to the K&B Gold carb [312"bore] ,there is a performance gain if you understand how to set the boat up using the stock "Gold" carb.

I never saw a K&B 3.5 come out of a box with a purple carb. Here's how I remember the K&B 3.5 carbs:

1. Black Perry carb

2. Tube carb with throttle exhaust

3. Black carb

4. Gold carb

JD

You are right.......that is the only way they came on the 3.5 outboard.

Carl and others, I am working on an adaptor plate for my Geraghty w/c 21 K&B

I will make it fit a K&B leg so the test will be as close as possible to a direct comparison to the 'sport' K&B chamber in the K&B leg to the OS muffler

Cheers

Kris
Kris,

Sounds good. I have Mitch Atwell Jr's (JaxRacer) K&B SS here to work with. We are working on a slightly modified can muffler design to see how much can be gained over the stock can-type muffler. We are still using a straight can but we are putting the exhaust in one end instead of the center and the can is slightly larger in diameter than the current 1-3/32" dia can.

Our can is the same length but is 1-1/4" in diameter.

We also have a modified O/S muffler to put on it.

It will be interesting to see what can be done. We all feel like it will work better. How well...who knows?

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:

I will make it fit a K&B leg so the test will be as close as possible to a direct comparison to the 'sport' K&B chamber in the K&B leg to the OS muffler

Cheers

Kris
Kris,

Sounds good. I have Mitch Atwell Jr's (JaxRacer) K&B SS here to work with. We are working on a slightly modified can muffler design to see how much can be gained over the stock can-type muffler. We are still using a straight can but we are putting the exhaust in one end instead of the center and the can is slightly larger in diameter than the current 1-3/32" dia can.

It will be interesting to see what can be done. We all feel like it will work better. How well...who knows?

-Carl,

after watching a o.s motor on a stock tunnel boat this past weekend i have no doubt in my mind which motor i would be running ....

chris

Cheers

Kris
Kris,

-Carl,
Chris,

That OS was box stock too.. i did yank the head shim however... Just a little more prop work..

Grimracer

after watching a o.s motor on a stock tunnel boat this past weekend i have no doubt in my mind which motor i would be running ....

chris

Cheers

Kris
Kris,

-Carl,
Chris,

That OS was box stock too.. i did yank the head shim however... Just a little more prop work..

Grimracer

chris
Just bolt it on and go.... I did however pull the head shim..

Grimracer

:D

It is simple to do, you really can't go wrong as long as you leave the chrome alone!

Ryan

Wow! Thats a pretty bold statement. :huh: Ive seen some sleeves that have gone REALLY wrong... Dremels should be banned from some peoples hands. Chrome touched or not...

~James

AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

HEY RODNEY ,LETS SEE HOW WELL I TAUGHT YOU . TELL THEM WHAT I TAUGHT YOU , ITS OK JIMBO GOD BLESS

Back