K&B pipe timed sleeve.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstew0903

K&B pipe timed sleeve.

I see that K&B sells a new sleeve and piston that is set up with pipe timing. Does anyone have the specs on this sleeve or any pics of it. I put a .21 car pipe on my engine and it made a huge diffrence on speed. In the RC boat modeler they gave numbers of:

Induction 210 degrees

Exhaust 180 degrees

Transfer 126 degrees

They also say the reach peak power at 33,000 to 34,000 Rpms. Do these K&B 3.5 outboards twist that many rpms? Also I saw on another post about pipe ported exhaust that they open the exhaust port up at he top to get as much air as they can before it closes. My exhaust port is shaped like a rectangle with two small boxes on top in the middle. I tried to draw it as best I can below. I has a small strip in the center of this area that runs from middle of top to middle of bottom.

______

I I

____ I I____

I I

I______________I

Thanks Again

Jason

Re:K&B pipe timed sleeve.

Jason

K&B made a million different timed sleeves. If you measure from the top of the sleeve where the head sits to the top of the highest protion of the exhaust port on a K&B 3.5 1/2 inch equals approx. 180 degrees. Most of the transfers were pretty close out of the box. On the crank the most important measurement is to close it at about 65 deg. after TDC. The exhaust timing can easily be changed, but if you have never done this it is best to get some one with some to help you.

Mark

Re:K&B pipe timed sleeve.

Here's a few K&B sleeves--all with pipe porting, some more extreme than others.

sleeve1.JPG

Latest posts

Back