K&B Parts?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigged

got a KaBoom .67 drum rotor motor sitting around ive been thinkin of stickin in something to play with, but the drum rotor is frozen solid in it. Anyone know where to get parts for this thing or are they non existent now?

They NORMALLY have the parts, though I've been waiting on a flywheel for a 45 inboard for months. They also assured me that they would have the 21 inboards available months ago and I still haven't heard a word. :eek:

2 other things may help. a crock pot on low full of cheap green antifreeze for 4-6 hrs., or soak it in hoppes #9 nitro solvent (gun cleaning fluid, avail. at wal-mart). either may loosen things up......

sounds possibly like the fuel last used had castor in it and it naturaly

gummed up and turned to a glues to speak.

either of the methods mentioned should free up the drum.

BUT DO NOT TRY AND FORCE IT!!!!!

Carl

They NORMALLY have the parts, though I've been waiting on a flywheel for a 45 inboard for months. They also assured me that they would have the 21 inboards available months ago and I still haven't heard a word. :eek:
HJ, what model 45 I.B. do you have? I may have one...if i do, ill just send it to you!
Bill, it's a 9180 with an aluminmu flywheel. Darn thing stripped the flywheel so that it won't tighten up on the collet, making it almost ompossible to start. If you have one that would be great, if not I may be contacting them again or Gary P.

Have not had great experience with Meccoa in the past last time i tried ordering something, and i tried emailing Joe Monohan and my email was kicked back as unexecepted... so i guess if Gary does not have any it will go sit in the retired bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not had great experience with Meccoa in the past last time i tried ordering something, and i tried emailing Joe Monohan and my email was kicked back as unexecepted... so i guess if Gary does not have any it will go sit in the retired bin.
let me look at home, i should have a cell# for joe at 707 specialities. i'll let ya know tonite.

If you cannot find the parts you need or if you don't want to mess with it, I'll take it off your hands. Just send me a PM.

Buddy

Consider yourself lucky you have a drum rotor engine. I have a pair of disc engines and MECOA DOESN'T make the intake parts for them anymore. To repair one of mine, I need to either modify or replace the case to get the engine to flow properly

I have 5 new drum housings with out the drum, one new disk with the disk and two PTO's one with the drive shaft.

Just let me know what you need every one.

David

David, were you asking me on this one? Mine are both NIB, though I would be interested if you're offering the parts :)

I have a K&B .21 for sale in the swap shop......Very good condition!!

-Kent

Back