K & B Model Numbers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydroguy8234

K & B Model Numbers

I am thinking about getting my first Outboard engine and will probably buy it off E-Bay since they are hard to get from the store. The question is if any one has a list of some type giving more info using K&B's model number. I see lots of engines listed with their model number and I want to look it up and see it's specs. Such as the date manifactured, parts lists, ect. Please let me know if there is a web site or some thing that I can go to. Thanks Dale

Re:K & B Model Numbers

Hi Dale,

Model numbers alone are not much help. They made so many different variations in a model run it's hard to tell.

Basically 8906 - 12mm crank, short reach plug head, black carb.

8907 - 13mm crank, long reach plug head, black carb earlier versions, gold carb '96 on, gold carb without idle screw from about '98. Lot's of other wierd changes - earlier 8907 had I beam type rod, later ones had spindly tubular style rods. Try and get an RPM rod for it if you can.

8935 - SS version, 13mm crank, special aircooled head, gold carb and flywheel.

I didn't mention liners because you never know exactly which version they come with. Wouldn't recommend buying an OB motor earlier than these as they are getting very old. Most parts interchange P/S dont always because there are 2 different style line tops. Also the later ones have strengthened engine mount lugs and exhaust flanges.

Basic recommendation is if you cant find an SS version get an 8907 between 93 & 96 (or newer)

There are probaly guy's on here that can tell you more but that is what I've learnt during the last 12 mths of buying up K&B OB's

best of luck welcome to the fabulous world of tunnel OB's.

cheers

GT 8)

Re:K & B Model Numbers

Thanks... sounds like a good start. I diden't want to buy too old of an engine incase I need parts.

Latest posts

Back