K&B 3.5 wont run WOT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zapster

I have a bran new TS2 with an old K&B 3.5 with red carb, the motor wont run WOT more than 5 seconds and quits. I have tried leaning and richening the needle, installed a header tank, took carb of and checked it, took head of and checked for leaks and checked fuel pick up line in the tank, nothing seems to help. Pics of the boat are in my gallery.

Can someone please help me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple more things to check. I assume you are running the pressure hose to the exhaust tap. Make sure the stoppers in the fuel tanks are good and snug, if they are not you will lose fuel pressure there. Elevate the hopper tank as high as you can under the cowling. Check the carb lock screws on both sides of the intake for leaks. Put locktite on them and reinstall. Also check for cracks in the engine case particularly around the intake area. Back flush the needle valve in the carb. If you need to dig deeper, check the bearings and the pto for leaks also. Is it pulling the plug element everytime?

I have a bran new TS2 with an old K&B 3.5 with red carb, the motor wont run WOT more than 5 seconds and quits. I have tried leaning and richening the needle, installed a header tank, took carb of and checked it, took head of and checked for leaks and checked fuel pick up line in the tank, nothing seems to help. Pics of the boat are in my gallery.

Can someone please help me!
Start by getting that Red carb off the motor.The .343" carb is to big for the 3.5 K&B.

For whatever reason the motor is going lean but until you get that Red carb off the motor you will have trouble diagnosing the problem.

Couple more things to check. I assume you are running the pressure hose to the exhaust tap. Make sure the stoppers in the fuel tanks are good and snug, if they are not you will lose fuel pressure there. Elevate the hopper tank as high as you can under the cowling. Check the carb lock screws on both sides of the intake for leaks. Put locktite on them and reinstall. Also check for cracks in the engine case particularly around the intake area. Back flush the needle valve in the carb. If you need to dig deeper, check the bearings and the pto for leaks also. Is it pulling the plug element everytime?
The stopers are good, no cracks on engine. Have to try elevating hopper tank and locktite in screws.

Start by getting that Red carb off the motor.The .343" carb is to big for the 3.5 K&B.

For whatever reason the motor is going lean but until you get that Red carb off the motor you will have trouble diagnosing the problem.
Is there some carb other than K&B that would fit in it?

Thanks for the replys.

Zapster

How about a black or the gold carb, I think the gold card is your best option.

Good luck

Ronald.

There is no source for K&B in Finland, thats why i wanted to know about other manufacturers but i just got a PM form another Finish guy in here who has a gold carb for me to test. :D

Zapster

How about a black or the gold carb, I think the gold card is your best option.

Good luck

Ronald.

There is no source for K&B in Finland, thats why i wanted to know about other manufacturers but i just got a PM form another Finish guy in here who has a gold carb for me to test. :D
Sorry

Didn't know you live in Finland.

I guess Thomas Salin will know where to get parts.

Oherwise you have to get them from the States.

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the gold carb today, it seems to work fine. i also moved the hopper tank to just infront of the motor. More tests during this week.

Thanks to ThomasS for lending me the carb.

Latest posts

Back