K&B 3.5 ss (gold head)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

Hi Folks,

I posted a few questions previously and received responses THX!. However in looking at my Glow Plugs, head and Piston to see how it was burning I noticed something you might help me with.

1) The sleave will rotates. I noticed a notch at the bottom presumably to ensure it is linged up correctly, however the Alumiunun casing does not seem to have the matchning notch. How should the slave be aligned? I was surprised to see the sleave move so easly once the head is removed is this nomal?

2) The head has 3 "indents" on one side of the glow plug and 4 on the other. Is there any preference to how these should be aligned with respect to the Intake and exhaust ports?

THX

Dave

Hi Folks,
I posted a few questions previously and received responses THX!. However in looking at my Glow Plugs, head and Piston to see how it was burning I noticed something you might help me with.

1) The sleave will rotates. I noticed a notch at the bottom presumably to ensure it is linged up correctly, however the Alumiunun casing does not seem to have the matchning notch. How should the slave be aligned? I was surprised to see the sleave move so easly once the head is removed is this nomal?

2) The head has 3 "indents" on one side of the glow plug and 4 on the other. Is there any preference to how these should be aligned with respect to the Intake and exhaust ports?

THX

Dave
The "notch" in the sleeve goes to the exhaust side of the case. The side of the head with the 4 "indents" goes to the exhaust side of the motor also.

The "notch" in the sleeve goes to the exhaust side of the case. The side of the head with the 4 "indents" goes to the exhaust side of the motor also.

Thx!

How sensitive is the positioning of the "notch" ?

THX Much!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Thx!

How sensitive is the positioning of the "notch" ?

Very sensitive...If you want the motor to run right. Line up the exhaust port on the sleeve with the exhaust port in the case. It's not rocket science, just a K&B. :D

Back