Just stirring the pot...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I was not< I just came back but if I was , You would have known, spring field was my first year boating, And if I remember Lohring , Frank, and Mark Anderson, and Kelly gruel were the guys to beat, i did pull out some first place heats, but a few DNF's also. Some how you were under the radar. careful your in District 9/ did you guys have 9/19 challenge yet? I hear that you were at this years Nats

Last edited by a moderator:
yack this yack that p this p that.. FE boats are for guys that cant tune.. Like BILL!!!!!!!!!! :p :D

Im going to do what I can about getting the northern boys back to kick some south'an ares!

Richie

Big B

Dunny

Russ

Start saving you pennies.. and just make it pennies.. its not going to take much to send em packing!

Lets GETEM!

Grim
You mean like the LeeCraft this and the XTR that ? Or the XT120 this and the 460 that?

Oh, ok. Now i understand...

Think what you want about FE. But I'll tell ya this brother, you keep buying those plugs and fuel, don't forget your spare rods and p/l's.

My budget has dropped just like my lap times.

I just love it when a $200 motor/ESC combo makes it look like a $800. nitro motor is running on kerosene.

I'll beat ya to turn one at the start EVERY TIME...

I'll beat ya out of the corners EVERY TIME...

The problem is that Sport boaters have traditionally run bad a$$ electric stuff with crappy hulls. All we have done is mate the best power to the best racing boats, and guess what?

You can't touch it. :eek:

/B

Fall Nats is gonna be fun, the World Tunnel Champs should be a blast! Hope to see Mike and the rest of the frigid northern gang make a return trip.

Im pretty sure Ron Shaw earned a target on his back in Atlanta, we are all gonna be gunning for ya at the Fall Nats in Tunnel Country!

~ Gabe
James,

I hope I can get my E tunnel finished so I can run it in Open Tunnel instead of my D. I took it to Atlanta last weekend and the first time it had ever been wet was on open water. It wasn't exactly right on the low end so I ran my D in both D and Open. Glad I did now!!!!....... :)

About those targets, I'll leave those for Mic, Jay, and the Atwells. I believe they are in gas country, so I would rather think of myself as being in tunnel country just like you!!!!...... ;) They may not have received the memo but the south ends at the southern GA border. This includes Alabama just because Buddy Lowe lives there and everyone knows RC tunnel racing started in Alabama with the Alabama Gang!!!......... :)

Bill is gonna run a FE in open tunnel..... against the likes of the Atwells, Wayne Joe C and Hearl, along with Buddy. He keeps bringing knifes to gunfights. That sumbich better have nitrous.... :lol:

Bill may not be the only one running a "sparkie" in open tunnel. So far the petrol boys have not done too well against .45 mods. Their best chance of winning is getting a group and making big holes in the water. May not be a knife in a gunfight but more like a dogfight with a B-52 against an F-16. We have open tunnel on the program inn the Storm race at Brandon (Nov)(stir-stir)

Mic

So how does the electric set up work on a htb 360? How much are the batteries and charger go for? Also what kind of batteries do you guys use?

Richie R

About those targets, I'll leave those for Mic, Jay, and the Atwells. I believe they are in gas country, so I would rather think of myself as being in tunnel country just like you!!!!...... ;) They may not have received the memo but the south ends at the southern GA border. This includes Alabama just because Buddy Lowe lives there and everyone knows RC tunnel racing started in Alabama with the Alabama Gang!!!......... :)
Ron

I don't know what crack you been smokin' but come down here to one of our ONE DAY RACES and see what real tunnel boat racing is. It's a shame when us Florida boyz have to drive all the way to S.C. just to race each other. There is a reason this area is called Tunnel Boat Mecca.

:)

Ron

I don't know what crack you been smokin' but come down here to one of our ONE DAY RACES and see what real tunnel boat racing is. It's a shame when us Florida boyz have to drive all the way to S.C. just to race each other. There is a reason this area is called Tunnel Boat Mecca.

:)

Bill,

Looks like you accomplished your feat of "getting the smack started". It's really flying now!!!!.......... :p

So how does the electric set up work on a htb 360? How much are the batteries and charger go for? Also what kind of batteries do you guys use?

Richie R
Build it and see.

I have had a giggle fest using $50 Turnigy batteries in practice. Look at it like this;

Motor - $100 Leopard

ESC - $100 Swordfish

Batt - $50 Turnigy

You can't even get a stock OS for that. Let alone something that spanks a forty boat all day.

Now, that's just for heat racing. EVERYTHING changes when I bolt on my 2900kv Neu and charge the Hyperions for SAW...

Richie R
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__7386__GT_A_6_10_200W_Balance_charger_discharger.html

Something like this would get you started. Hobby King has a lot of 4S lipos in the $50 range. The best setup to get wet with is the Aquacraft 2030 motor and 60A controller which is powerwise somewhere in the mod 21 speed range as a "P" spec or limited. We have been succesful using $100 Swordfish 200a controllers with leopard or Nue motors from OffshoreElectrics.com and they are about $100 for a leopard and a Nue at $200. For 4S stay in the 1800-2200KV range. Smaller props like an M445 or Grimracer 45X68 will put a 360 into the high 50's and will out accelrate a nitro .45 easily. A good Hyperion charger is about $275 but charges and balances 2 batteries at once. Hyperion batteries are better also but the cheap ones lack of quality is a tad shorter run times and they will not cycle as many times over the years. Grimracer batteries are also very high quality. We have some threads going in the FE section also

Mic

Bill,

All joking aside, I have been thinking about building a Q FE Tunnel this winter. May step it up if everyone else is switching to FE for Open Tunnel. No one needs to convince me as of the speed of FE. I have had the opportunity to see Dick Loeb and Doug Smock run very fast and stable FE outboards in the last two races. The Charleston gang ran some very impressive P-Special tunnels at the last race as well.

I Love IT!!!!!!!! I will give you some info to make part two :D NAMBA does not keep accurate records, I went for time trails one time in A O/B hydro, It was my very first time, got the record, it has been broken since, It was my heat racing boat, never went to time trails any more just was not interested in racing myself. In 2000 me and my team took A, B, and C in our district in out board tunnels, we also took top gun shoot out which is at the end of the year.. In NAMBA you only have district races, and the nationals. I went to the Nats in Spring field, Organ, My first year racing did not know how to set up the Lee at that time and did the famous LeeCraft Roll. I did have the fastest time their, and was on record, looked into NAMBA and those records are missing from 97 to 99. I have some pic's that I will post. There that is enough info for part two :lol:
more info for part 2

2000 District 19 Champions

A Mono – Erik McNair

B Mono – Doug DeWitte

C Mono – Rum Racing

X Mono – Bill Bridge

A Hydro – Ron Russell

B Hydro – Ron Russell

C Hydro – Erik McNair

X Hydro – Erik McNair

Sport 20 – Bob Butler

Sport 40-1 – Mike Butler

Sport 40-2 – Mark Grim

Sport 60 – Tony Rhodes

Inboard A Rookie – Yvonne Scholl

Inboard B Rookie – Matt Mooers

Unlimited Hydro – Doug DeWitte

A OPC – David Johnson

B OPC – Erik McNair

C OPC – Rich O’Neill

A Mod Tunnel – Baxter Walton

B Mod Tunnel – Erik McNair

C Mod Tunnel – Mike McKabney

A O/B Mono – Roger Cockroft

A O/B Hydro – John Maners

Outboard A Rookie – Todd Kostron

Outboard B Rookie – David Wittrig

G-1 Mono – Erik McNair

GX-1 Mono – Russ Stark

G-2 Mono – Russ Stark

G-1 Crackerbox – Chris Reed

GX-1 Crackerbox – Tom Galvery

G-1 Catamaran – Mel Wilhite

GX-1 Catamaran – Joe Bruzzese

G-1 Sport Hydro – Russ Stark

GX-1 Sport Hydro – Jack Oxley

G-1 Outrigger – Russ Stark

Gas Novice – Maddie Stark

Gas High Point Jr. – Thomas Carter

Bill,

All joking aside, I have been thinking about building a Q FE Tunnel this winter. May step it up if everyone else is switching to FE for Open Tunnel. No one needs to convince me as of the speed of FE. I have had the opportunity to see Dick Loeb and Doug Smock run very fast and stable FE outboards in the last two races. The Charleston gang ran some very impressive P-Special tunnels at the last race as well.
Ron,

Mic has found that Q's are not really suited for heat racing, (and I agree) as the power is just absolutely ridiculous. Plus the extra expense of higher cost Esc's and batteries. Stick with the P and you can get double the bang for your buck as you can run P-Spec and P with the same batteries.

Just to give you an idea of what 6s can do, When Drake and I set the Q record, we did it with a Lynx and a heat racing x442 and it still ran 68+ mph.

Put that in a 40 boat with a 40 size prop and you can see where insanity lives.

I Love IT!!!!!!!! I will give you some info to make part two :D NAMBA does not keep accurate records, I went for time trails one time in A O/B hydro, It was my very first time, got the record, it has been broken since, It was my heat racing boat, never went to time trails any more just was not interested in racing myself. In 2000 me and my team took A, B, and C in our district in out board tunnels, we also took top gun shoot out which is at the end of the year.. In NAMBA you only have district races, and the nationals. I went to the Nats in Spring field, Organ, My first year racing did not know how to set up the Lee at that time and did the famous LeeCraft Roll. I did have the fastest time their, and was on record, looked into NAMBA and those records are missing from 97 to 99. I have some pic's that I will post. There that is enough info for part two :lol:
more info for part 2

A Mono – Erik McNair

B Mono – Doug DeWitte

C Mono – Rum Racing

X Mono – Bill Bridge

A Hydro – Ron Russell

B Hydro – Ron Russell

C Hydro – Erik McNair

X Hydro – Erik McNair

Sport 20 – Bob Butler

Sport 40-1 – Mike Butler

Sport 40-2 – Mark Grim

Sport 60 – Tony Rhodes

A OPC – David Johnson

B OPC – Erik McNair

C OPC – Rich O’Neill

G-1 Mono – Erik McNair

GX-1 Mono – Russ Stark

G-2 Mono – Russ Stark

Welcome back Baxter!!!! You came with ammo!!!!! Great job!!!!!.......... ;)

Baxter,

What does the 2000 season got to do with what's going on today? Sorry buddy, your my friend but geez. By the way, I WON THE TOP GUN CHAMPIONSHIP that year in B-mod...

Jimmy

more info for part 2

A Mono – Erik McNair

B Mono – Doug DeWitte

C Mono – Rum Racing

X Mono – Bill Bridge

A Hydro – Ron Russell

B Hydro – Ron Russell

C Hydro – Erik McNair

X Hydro – Erik McNair

Sport 20 – Bob Butler

Sport 40-1 – Mike Butler

Sport 40-2 – Mark Grim

Sport 60 – Tony Rhodes

A OPC – David Johnson

B OPC – Erik McNair

C OPC – Rich O’Neill

G-1 Mono – Erik McNair

GX-1 Mono – Russ Stark

G-2 Mono – Russ Stark

Welcome back Baxter!!!! You came with ammo!!!!! Great job!!!!!.......... ;)
Looks like small pond syndrome ;) District results? How about Nats results over the years? Hey and don't forget the title of the thread.

Baxter,

What does the 2000 season got to do with what's going on today? Sorry buddy, your my friend but geez. By the way, I WON THE TOP GUN CHAMPIONSHIP that year in B-mod...

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I saw some old pics of you when I was going through the NAMBA Nationals Programs from years past. You need to get in your old photo album and post some pics from the past with some of the legends you have raced over the years. I started a thread in the Outboard Forum so post away. I need a couple more props so I will send you a PM later. Thanks.

Bill,

Ron,

Mic has found that Q's are not really suited for heat racing, (and I agree) as the power is just absolutely ridiculous. Plus the extra expense of higher cost Esc's and batteries. Stick with the P and you can get double the bang for your buck as you can run P-Spec and P with the same batteries.

Just to give you an idea of what 6s can do, When Drake and I set the Q record, we did it with a Lynx and a heat racing x442 and it still ran 68+ mph.

Put that in a 40 boat with a 40 size prop and you can see where insanity lives.

Bill,

Can the ESC not be programmed to enable you to let off the throttle to a sensible speed during heat racing? I'm new to this whole FE thing so I apologize if that is a stupid question. I know with DC three phase motors that running at full efficiency is the best and usually generates less current and heat but this is a whole new arena here...... ;) I just figured a Q Class on a 40 size hull would be an acceptable Q or Open heat racing boat. I guess the next question is with a Q setup, will the boat last 6 racing laps + 2 laps for mill and cool down? I joined the FE site Dick told me about so I can read and learn. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Note: I should probably take these discussions to another thread as we are supposed to be only talking smack here!!!!!!!.....hahahahahahahaha. ;)

Hey Mic thanks for the info.

I dont think I could ride all the to SC in the short bus. Iam thinking they would stop and we all get out and then they would leave without me. Iam thinking they would be to scared to race with me!! :lol:

I can only ride in the blue bus, that way I can pick up that stranded long hair racer guy with the broken down truck :p

I would really love to make it back and see some awesome racing though.

Richie R

O yea... hahahha

SMOKE IN THE COCKPIT!

in 2002 Richie rescued me and big as we nuked the 700R4 in the Sweating Bullets S-10... (the 5.7L snapped the center shaft like a twig, lol)

First we have to get you to Mendota buddy.. small steps back..small steps back..

Grim

Back