JUNE 19, 20 - NORTHERN LIGHTS MBC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Registrations are coming in ... Expecting 75 to 100 boats!
Randy,

How many B monos and B hydros do you have?

Ron
Hey Junior:

Yours will make 6 of each, what freq's you on?

You gonna bring your 40 hydro so we can play? :rolleyes:

What about Becca running novice? She will make 5 if she's up for it... :)

PM sent Terry.

Got your entry Junior, Steve Peterson's too, come on the rest of you D2 guys, it ain't that far! :p

The "Oneida Cup" was donated to the Niagara Marine Modelers by the Oneida Silverware Company in 1992 and was awarded for scale high point within the club.

In 2000 it was resurected by then D1 Scale Director Randy Rapedius and was awarded to the scale high point winner in District 1 until 2007.

NLMBC president Randy Rapedius has once again brought it out of hiding and with blessings from D1 Director Randall Thomas, and D1 Scale Director Oliver Douglas, the Oneida Cup will be awarded anually to the contestant at Northern Lights Open who attains the highest score with two boats.

It was starting to show it's age a little but has been lovingly restored to it's former glory, the only thing missing is the engraved plaque highlighting it's history:

Oneida_Cup_026.jpg

Who's name is going on it this year? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Oneida Cup" was donated to the Niagara Marine Modelers by the Oneida Silverware Company in 1992 and was awarded for scale high point within the club.

In 2000 it was resurected by then D1 Scale Director Randy Rapedius and was awarded to the scale high point winner in District 1 until 2007.

NLMBC president Randy Rapedius has once again brought it out of hiding and with blessings from D1 Director Randall Thomas, and D1 Scale Director Oliver Douglas, the Oneida Cup will be awarded anually to the contestant at Northern Lights Open who attains the highest score with two boats.

It was starting to show it's age a little but has been lovingly restored to it's former glory, the only thing missing is the engraved plaque highlighting it's history:

Oneida_Cup_026.jpg

As one of the original members of the N.M.M I can say how great it is to see this trophy back in circulation again , thanks Terry for all your hard work ,

Tim K

I'm gonna make a run for this cup. Gas Sport Hydro & F Hydro. I may be dreaming but anything is possible!

Oneida_Cup_026.jpg

Terry,

Pretty sure I seen a little dust on the sheft in the reflection from the trophy. Ya better get on that. Lol See you Friday night.

Jr

Oneida_Cup_026.jpg

Terry,

Pretty sure I seen a little dust on the sheft in the reflection from the trophy. Ya better get on that. Lol See you Friday night.

Jr

LOL! My shop does get messy, here's the proof:

normal_Clock_base_009.jpg

Seriously tho, shaping up to be a great weekend, have 87 boats so far! :eek:

Maybe with a little more "arm twisting" we'll reach our goal of 100! :)

Terry ... must have KILLED you to take that picture. Looks like all the therapy has done you well. ... LOL.

WOW!!!!!!! 87 boats!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on 100!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Nick, I hope your running more than one boat. Is Matt coming to race? or are girls, bars and cars taking over ? See you at the race , Geoff Overell.

Due to weeds, the location of the race has been moved to Mike Hallam's pond in London, ON.

The extra distance to London is only 30 minutes west. 3260 Dingman Rd. London, ON.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I checked the site thoroughly last August and there was only a few small patches. Checked 2 weeks ago and all was good. We had the whole site set up and only saw a few little heads poking up in the back straight, no problem right?

At the end of the day when the pond was completely flat it was another story, I could almost cry it was so bad. I couldn't with a clear concience invite my friends to such a site.

My first thought was to cancel, but what a shame after all the preparation and ground work that has been done. Another idea was to move it and after a call to Mike Hallam who graciously offered his pond and NLMBC prez. Randy Rapedius the decision was made.

Same great race, just 45 mins. further for some and 45. mins closer for others.

We are attempting to contact everyone personally but please pass the word.

Here's the location if anyone isn't sure:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3260+dingman+rd,+london,+on&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.902929,78.662109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3260+Dingman+Dr,+London,+Middlesex+County,+Ontario+N6E+3W9,+Canada&ll=42.914446,-81.212397&spn=0.048276,0.076818&z=14

Mike has told me anyone may camp on the grounds, no problem.

The Days Inn and Howard Johnson's are reasonable and close, the Super 7 is cheap and a little further, 519-681-7272.

If anyone has problems canceling motel reservations please let me know, I'll make it right.

Just a couple quick pix and it's bed for me, more tomorrow... :blink:

Who could forget our lovely "Raffle Ladies":

NL_Open_023.jpg

And how's that for a prize table?

NL_Open_030.jpg

Novice soon to be "Young Gun" Dylan Kish getting doused for his 1st trophy:

IMG_0475.JPG

Pete Forcier from the Southern Tier NY MBC wins the Oneida Cup for 2010, congratulations Pete!

IMG_0476.JPG

Thanks to all the Northern Lights Model Boat Club (NLMBC) members for putting on a fun race. Also thanks to Mike Hallam for making the London pond available on short notice to make this race happen. The weather was great, the racing was fun and there were some fast and beautiful boats there. Teddy Dudley's Miss Bud Thunderboat was a pleasure to watch, fast and smooth...caught my attention, everytime it hit the water. Great boat Teddy! Purty too!

NLMBC had great support from their club members and Randy Rapedius and Terry Keeley called a fair race. Had a great time, and the mix of gas, nitro and FE proved to be successful.

Well done NLMBC!!!

I would like to send HUGE thanks out to the Northern Light Model Boat Club for all of their hard work in order for all of the out-of-towners to have a good time. I know they worked their butts off. I know I kept the retrieve boat busy… LOL I would also like to thank Mike Hallam for allowing the use of the London pond. Great Prizes, Great Racing, and Great BS’ing

Later,

Mike Ball

2nd Annual "Northern Lights Open" results:

20 "B" Mono:

1st : Terry Keeley 1700

2nd: Ron Jefferson 1125

3rd: Tim Kish 1075

20 "B" Hydro:

1st: Ron Jefferson 1625

2nd: Chris Blaker 700

3rd: Geoff Overell 650

20 "B" O/B Tunnel

1st: Randall Thomas 2000 (perfect score)

2nd: Matt Blaker 325

3rd: Pete Forcier 300

LSO - Limited Sport Offshore

1st: Mike Ball 1150

2nd: Jay Moffatt 925

3rd: John Einstein 575

"P" O/B Tunnel:

1st: Pete Forcier 1700

2nd: Mike Ball 1525

3rd: John Einstein 750

"P" Mono:

1st: Pete Forcier 1600

2nd: Chris Krawczyk 1100

3rd: Steve Reesor 850

Limited Sport Hydro:

1st: Pete Forcier 2000 (perfect score)

2nd: Jay Moffatt 650

3rd: Mike Ball 375

40 "D" Hydro:

1st: Terry Keeley 1100

2nd: Allan long 1025

3rd: Geoff Overell 525

Sport 40:

1st: Steve Peterson 1625

2nd: Chris Blaker 1019

3rd: Don Luckhurst 775

Novice:

1st: Laura Hill 1500

2nd: Michelle Thomas 900

3rd: Dylan Kish 675

1/8th Scale:

1st: Steve Peterson 1225

2nd: Oliver Douglas 1125

3rd: Allan Long 600

Gas Mono:

1st: Randy Rapedius 2000 (perfect score)

2nd: Rudy Pechmann 1200

3rd: Paul Hendrickson 875

Gas Cat:

1st: Graham Hill 2000 (perfect score)

2nd: Chris Spiteri 775

3rd: Paul Hendrickson 650

Gas Sport Hydro:

1st: Jeff Cowey 1250

2nd: Teddy Dudley 1125

3rd: Gary Isles 600

Gas Thunder Boat:

1st: Teddy Dudley 1850

2nd: Bob Tanner 1125

3rd: Gary Isles 888

Open Mono:

1st: Joe Pohl 1425 (Nitro)

2nd: Rudy Pechmann 1325 (Gas)

3rd: Chris Krawczyk 1150 (Electric)

Open Hydro: decided by 4 way runoff for 1st.

1st: Jeff Cowey 850 (Nitro)

2nd: Chris Blaker 850 (Nitro)

3rd: Niles Cowey 850 (Nitro)

Combined 1/8th Scale - Thunderboat - Concours d'Elegance:

Don Luckhurst - Miss Thriftway Thunderboat

Oneida Cup - High Point 2 Boats:

Pete Forcier - 3700

I would like to thank all our Northern Lights MBC members who worked their tails off to make this event a huge success, especially after the last minute change of location.

I'd also like to thanks Mike Hallam and the rest of the Thames Valley MBC for offering their site to salvage our event.

Finally I'd like to thank all our sponsors who helped with their support, we would not have been financially sound without you. :)

Look for a full report and lot's of action shots in the next IMPBA Roostertail and on Modelgasboats.com.

Hope to see you all next year, no matter where we might be...

I feel very proud to be a part of the NLMBC.

What a great group of hard working peolpe , even the last minute location change did not slow them down.

Hold your heads up high everyone you deserve it.

Also please , please , please take a look at the sponsors names on our banner , I can't begin to say how greatful our club is for thier support .

Thank you .

A very special thanks to Mike Hallam and his family for allowing all this to happen , the site was absolutely perfect as it always is and I know they work very hard to keep it that way.

Mike has been a huge supporter of this hobby for a very long time so please if you haven't already marked the Northern Nats on your callendar August 28,29 do so , you will not be dissapointed . http://www.impba.net...ceFlyer2010.pdf.

This is one of the largest well run races in all of IMPBA at one of the very best sites around.

Thanks again to the Hallam family ..

Tim Kish

Former boater Len Sylester from TTL has the photos up of our event, check out the shot on his home page:

http://www.ttlphoto.com/

Go to "Events" and "Northern Lights R/C" to see them all, pricing is very reasonable and you can buy right on line.

We'll have a much better chance of having him back next year if we support his efforts. :rolleyes:

Back