June 16-17 District 3 High Points Race in Orlando

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost forgot. Thanks for "volunteering" to call for me in scale Steve. And thanks Andy for watching out for my starboard beam. It is appreciated as these guys from down south can be vicious with their remarks. Isn't it too bad that they can never back up their smack on the race course. Oh well lets let them have their fun. Perry
Anytime Perry- ;) - Good luck this weekend - see you at the Brandon WCRA One Day Race.

Want to thank the Orlando club for putting on a fun and action packed race. Was quite warm down there.

The Godfather won the 20 tunnel class. I think I ended up fifth.

The other Florida tunnel bunch, the Florida Outlaws took the 40 tunnel class with some smoking boats.

RTR was fun to watch, the wind made it even more interesting.

Steve H. tried to tell us that buoy cuts were $30 each. Typical Mafia tactics. I wouldn't have paid anyway. :eek: :lol:

Steve H. tried to tell us that buoy cuts were $30 each. Typical Mafia tactics. I wouldn't have paid anyway. :eek: :lol:
LMAO! :lol:

Good to finally meet you Mark. Hope you had a safe drive home. Maybe we will get a chance to all get together again in Charlston in October.

Bill

Nice to meet you too Bill. You seem like too nice a guy to be hanging with the TBM. :lol:

Got to put more faces to names on here also. Yes come race with us at our new site in October. Maybe I will show back up for the Winternats, harrass the TBM again. :eek:

Hey Perry

Isn't it too bad that they can never back up their smack on the race course.

Nice way to pull out early, with the "I had a few beers for lunch" excuse, I guess you knew the AZZ whoopin was inevitable, so you knew to just stand on the sidelines and watch!!!

Good to see ya this weekend though Perry

Rick

Rick: Always a pleasure to see you too. Also great seeing Mark Poole and John Knight and his wife. I will miss you Joe. I sure hope your wife is right saying you will be back soon. A great race even if I did end up watching from the cheap seats. Last but not least it was enjoyable talking to the guys from LA and Indiana. Hope too see you again at our races. How about the Winternats?

Perry

Hey Rick: one more thing I almost forgot. With over 30 years in the big boats and 3 1/2 or so in the little boats I have never consumed a drink (alcoholic) before a race. Am not going to start now so when I had the beer or two with lunch for Fathers Day I DQ'ed myself. Believe this or not it is true. I was ready to show you my transom in the 4th heat but that will have to wait until the next race.

Perry

If you don't mind, I would also like to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone that help me(Mr. Pat for pitting for me and his wife for vidoeing) and my son(Ray thanks a bunch, you helped him enjoy his 1st race) this weekend, and everyone was very welcoming to new comers/out-of-towners to your pond. My son and I had a great time, met plenty new people and hopefully made some new friends.

I hope to be back but the 10.5 hour drive is just killing. Maybe next time I'll fly in.

One other thing, you guys betting on the RTRs was great entertainment. I hope we might have interested a few people to try them out in the future.

Racing was great, food Sat was great, people was great, weather great. Can't ask for much more than that.

RTR was fun to watch, the wind made it even more interesting.
You are right there. It was hard to keep those light boats on a straight line. It was great though. I'm really happy that everyone like to watch this class.

Also, I took a bunch of pictures of boats during the races. I will upload them here. If you see yours and you want it, take it off the thread. It will be smaller than the original, but if you email me with what picture it is I can email you the originals(4+megs each). They can be printed poster size easily.

Again Thanks

Chad

Man was it great to see you all again! My boat run just as you would expect after not really being touched for a year.

What I hate is, I'm not even home yet and I've already spent money on new parts for the south carolina race. this sport is like a drug!!! Guys, bring all those great scales up to Mark Pooles race and lets see if we have some different results.. Stan Sova

Can't wait to hear this reply! Andy have you ever heard of vintage boats? That might give you a clue. Perry

I wanted to thank Orlando also for the great weekend of racing. Was my first travel race and it was a great one. Look forward to seeing everyone at the next race.

Hey Robert, thanks for the complements, but it really isn't fast, yet! Just real consistent
Hopefully the speed will come soon??

Rick
Im still waiting!!!! email sent- When you boys gonna come up to a WCRA one day ? Brandons right around the corner(TIME WISE THAT IS). That way me and Pickles can go toe to toe and not in different heats. LOL

I would also like to thank Brian, Ellie and the remainder of the Orlando Culvert Dodgers for an excellent race. It was a rather interesting first foray into the NAMBA FL racing world for me. The half mill concept, the course cutting and the resulting dodging from it was rather unnerving for me the first time. I shall be better prepared for my next venture south.

My fleet of riggers came away with several pieces of wood but several got sucked up by the big pond monsters off the right end buoys. Had a good time in spite of the monsters and the heat. I had the opportunity to meet some old friends and meet some new ones for the first time. And that is the best part of racing for me.

I passed out race flyers for the Charleston Model Boaters South Carolina Championships race October 6th & 7th. 23 classes of gas, nitro, tunnels, monos, hydros and an RTR hydro will be offered. I have a typo on the form and will correct it before posting to this and other sites. All are welcome to come but no half mill course!

John

I would also like to thank Brian, Ellie and the remainder of the Orlando Culvert Dodgers for an excellent race. It was a rather interesting first foray into the NAMBA FL racing world for me. The half mill concept, the course cutting and the resulting dodging from it was rather unnerving for me the first time. I shall be better prepared for my next venture south.
My fleet of riggers came away with several pieces of wood but several got sucked up by the big pond monsters off the right end buoys. Had a good time in spite of the monsters and the heat. I had the opportunity to meet some old friends and meet some new ones for the first time. And that is the best part of racing for me.

I passed out race flyers for the Charleston Model Boaters South Carolina Championships race October 6th & 7th. 23 classes of gas, nitro, tunnels, monos, hydros and an RTR hydro will be offered. I have a typo on the form and will correct it before posting to this and other sites. All are welcome to come but no half mill course!

John
John the half mill/30 sec clock is great once you get used too it.LOL A bit un-nerving the first time though ;)

Latest posts

Back