JRCBD down

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that it's been down since at least early this morning but no idea as to why.

That would mean their web host shut them down. Over bandwidth, tos violation, server used for malice. That sort of thing.

Tom, you seem to be using a different version of vBulletin so I really wouldn't sweat it. Jim's has had a lot of problems the past few months, pictures not loading properly, new postings acting like they didn't take but did which resulted in a lot of double-postings and a few other glitches in theirs so I'd guess that it's down trying to get those issues fixed. RC Universe went through a really big mess last year and it was a lot worse. RCU is owned by Internet Brands which also owns vBulletin. Members there, especially the plane guys made a mass exodus over to RC Groups because it was so bad.

It appears like this site has been pretty much glitch-free in the past year or more so I don't think that you have anything to worry about. If they offer you an upgrade though I think that I would stay with what you now have if at all possible as their new programs suck.

We don't use vbulliten. We use invision power board. I keep us up to date and our web host is very good! the block page was put up by the host for some issue not by jrcbd. Same with rumrunner.

I-waters is much more stable than Jims, way less problems, outages etc. Both are funded I believe by the members donations . Always thought the (2) should partner and host on the same plaform etc and realize any economies of scale etc.

Back