Joe Scott

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VansRacing

Joe,

Would you believe me if I told you that I set that 70+ MPH O/B Hydro record with a Lynx and a stock O/S XM powerhead?

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight out of the box, and no internal mods done?
Brad
The only modificatoin made to the power head was I decked the sleeve to give me a .0005" head gap and 60% (home brew) fuel and full water and stock muffler. Heck they measure all that once you break a record. I did however make some modifications to the foot. The lower unit was not stock. Yes sir...it ran 68mph within the first hour of testing. it will hit 75mph with a little playing around. I took the engine off that day and we put Kentley's "C" engine on it. That engine will need a little bigger boat. Hitting the trigger of his C-engine was like touching off a laws rocket engine....it was insane power.

Someone told me one time that my Lynx would never see 70 mph....so, I decided to see if they were right. If you don't believe it, just come to the next time trial and I'll let you come to my tent and take my powerhead apart yourself. You can measure anything you wish to. It is a stock powerhead.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl that is too cool. I gotta get me one those Lynx's someday......soon. I remember when the Dumas 3.5 Sprint ad read something like Jerry Dunlap's newly designed Sprint has gone over 42 mph in stock form or something like that it was cool then & still is! These speeds are just phenomenal!! Long live outboards, tunnels, hydros or otherwise!!

Latest posts

Back