Jim's RC Boat Dock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddy dauphinee

:eek: What happened to Jim's RC Boat Dock??

WWW.JRCBD.COM

I know it is primarily a Gas site but there are also Nitro items on it.

WWW.JRCBD.COM

The domain name expired. :eek: I'm sure Jim will rectify that fairly quickly. :)
link is working fine:

http://www.jrcbd.com/
Not working on this end. Did you try to refresh the page you're seeing? You might be looking at a cached page....
I just got in and I see posts from this afternoon.

WWW.JRCBD.COM

The domain name expired. :eek: I'm sure Jim will rectify that fairly quickly. :)
link is working fine:

http://www.jrcbd.com/
Not working on this end. Did you try to refresh the page you're seeing? You might be looking at a cached page....
I just got in and I see posts from this afternoon.
They were down for a bit- http://p086.ezboard.com/fjimsrcboatdockjim...cID=21335.topic

Sorry but I'm not joining a site that has such bias on its home page. "NO NITRO NEEDED" Excuse me, is there something wrong with nitro?? If the EPA tightens its restrictions much more the GAS boats will be the first RC boats to go the way of the Do Do Bird. That would be a kick in the fanny eh? Have to convert them back to that SINFUL alcohol.

Sorry but I'm not joining a site that has such bias on its home page. "NO NITRO NEEDED" Excuse me, is there something wrong with nitro?? If the EPA tightens its restrictions much more the GAS boats will be the first RC boats to go the way of the Do Do Bird. That would be a kick in the fanny eh? Have to convert them back to that SINFUL alcohol.

Hey Mark I have the same problem with that "No Nitro Needed" Yeah that goes along way in saying we support model boating.

My problem is that most Gas boaters seem to want Nitro to go away or they think Gas is the only reason RC Boating still exsists. They seem to forget if Nitro had not paved the way they would not be where they are today. If they could lose the attitude it would serve the hobby much better! Learn to respect without disrespect.

Last edited:
Now Ron i would hope that we as model boat enthoseus on INTLWATERS COMMUNITY are biger then that ;) and that evey one has there opinion how near sitted it my be all you have to do is look back in history an tell who came first if i was a smarta// i would say some thing like any one might go down to your local Kmart an pick you up one of those wead whakers take it home for your old lady to do some good around the house YANK ME CRANK ME :blink: but i think we are biger then that

Marty

Hey Mark I have the same problem with that "No Nitro Needed" Yeah that goes along way in saying we support model boating.

My problem is that most Gas boaters seem to want Nitro to go away or they think Gas is the only reason RC Boating still exsists. They seem to forget if Nitro had not paved the way they would not be where they are today. If they could lose the attitude it would serve the hobby much better! Learn to respect without disrespect.

Ron,

"Lose the attitude".... where have I heard that befora? Yuk Yuk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a member of Jims rc boat dock for along time i chat with them all the time about nitro i think Bob Finn does too along with a few others .Its just there geared for gassers and international is more geared with nitro.I never have a problem with the site about nitro.Theres some good people there.Dont let it get to you if so dont go there.Just my thoughts.Lot of them people started out with nitro.

When you run gas, you don't need nitro. When you run nitro, you only need gas to get to the pond! :)

If you notice, this site doesn't talk a lot about gassers but both this site and theirs get along together, each one doing what they do best. It's too bad that what is their little bit of nitro coverage is grouped in with other forms of boating yet that forum has turned into a for sale area.

Don't go reading more into the above than you have to. Somebody just wanted to know why Jim's RCBD wasn't working.

NO NITRO NEEDED is just a statement that you can achieve your boat fix without the large overhead of nitro. Most of the gas guys indeed started with nitro as it came first. Lot's of gas guys run both nitro and gas. But now there are choices. Jims also has a heading for nitro posts, they do not have an attitude. The only attitude is the ones who perceive the gas message board as having one.

NO NITRO NEEDED is just a statement that you can achieve your boat fix without the large overhead of nitro. Most of the gas guys indeed started with nitro as it came first. Lot's of gas guys run both nitro and gas. But now there are choices. Jims also has a heading for nitro posts, they do not have an attitude. The only attitude is the ones who perceive the gas message board as having one.
Large nitro overhead? That's kinda funny now that a good race prepped Zen is $650 & up plus $200+ for a pipe & header. It's all the same these days, just a matter of what you like. :)

With that being said I'll disagree on the attitude of some gassers. There is a definitive "anti-nitro" attitude that gets projected from time to time by some of JRCBD members, I've seen it & heard it. I for one HATE that as we need each other to survive, contrary to what some think. My personal preference is nitro but I run both. I have alot of friends who are gas only or nitro only & we all get along. Our numbers as boaters, even combined are not anything remotely monumental, we need each other, plain & simple. ;)

Large nitro overhead? That's kinda funny now that a good race prepped Zen is $650 & up plus $200+ for a pipe & header. It's all the same these days, just a matter of what you like. :)

With that being said I'll disagree on the attitude of some gassers. There is a definitive "anti-nitro" attitude that gets projected from time to time by some of JRCBD members, I've seen it & heard it. I for one HATE that as we need each other to survive, contrary to what some think. My personal preference is nitro but I run both. I have alot of friends who are gas only or nitro only & we all get along. Our numbers as boaters, even combined are not anything remotely monumental, we need each other, plain & simple. ;)
Don,

I agree 100% with your post, & I have experienced first hand this "anti-nitro" attitude when posting on JRCBD. As you stated, there is strength in numbers, & in reality, there are many mechanical technologies which are common to both nitro & gas high performance two cycle engines.

Jim :) :) :)

I love the diversity of going to races and having the mix of nitro and gas classes. I love the high revs of the nitro boats and I confess I love the smell of burning nitro fuel also. But Nitro does have larger overall costs. Flow meters, barometers, starter motors, pulleys and belts, nitro fuel is very pricey compared to gas. After run maintenance and on and on costs more than gas and that cant be argued. For a new boater it is cheaper to head in the gas direction. I am not in any business associated with boats and I can get Zen 260 PUM's for a little over $200.00 stock. Mods can be done local for another $100.00 that is not near the $600.00 figure. But one can throw their money away and give it to the M&D's of the world. I want to be clear that I love all aspects of R/C boating and I don't see the attitude that was mentioned above. At our pond we have mostly nitro but the gas segment is growing fast and everyone there has a good time helping each other out, it's all good. Peace. :D

Guy's the group at Jims is a great bunch, I was a member there before I joined on here, bout the same amount of posts too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont let the No Nitro thang get ya, Same as Chevy/Ford, Honda/Harley.

Its all racing, fuel choice is whatever you perfer.

Lot of them are members here to, Dom, Finn, Mike G ( The other Gilman :p ) Mike H, Mike T, And some have ran or still do run Nitro.

The better we all get along, The better for the sport ;)

Gener B)

Good group of racers all around. The idea of separtion of boating becasue of FUEL burned is not wise............Considering that On JIM'S I was reading were SOME are running 20% nitro in the 260 Zenoah.

What needs to be understood, each person made their decision based on INDIVIDUAL ABILITY

AND THEIR POCKETS ABILITY!!!! There ARE $600.race prep Zenoah. There are $200. pipes.

Now,fuel the door is WFO on that. If you run Zenoah you can run all the VP you want. At

$18, a gal plus the cost of the OIL.......................How far from a gal of Nitro???

I was given a price tag of $2200+ for a ready to race Zenoah power rigger. The difference

in price from that and my twin is ????????????????

All racer ,race to win. Is the QuickDraw that much better or that much more in price tag ONLY????????????

I go to races to race the best that is in my class. I see no SPECIFIC GAIN in a OPEN FUEL zenoah motor running in F-mono. Personally, it tells me that you do not want to play with the others in that sandbox becasue you can't beat them. And I an not saying this because I run Nitro. I saying this because I have a Qd powerd mono also.

Variety is what will make us....... Boating Better.

:) :) :) :)

Hey Guys,

With that being said I'll disagree on the attitude of some gassers. There is a definitive "anti-nitro" attitude that gets projected from time to time by some of JRCBD members, I've seen it & heard it. I for one HATE that as we need each other to survive, contrary to what some think. My personal preference is nitro but I run both. I have alot of friends who are gas only or nitro only & we all get along. Our numbers as boaters, even combined are not anything remotely monumental, we need each other, plain & simple.
LMAO!!!! If you want to be an outcast try showing up at a race with an electric boat. :eek: Don't get me wrong, 95% of the nitro and gas guys I've raced against were really cool with the idea but it was made very clear to me that I wasn't really wanted by the 5%ers. (both nitro and gas)

Ah, to be the red-headed stepchild. :(

Paul.

Back