JD WOF 29

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Can anyone offer some set-up ideas for the JD WOF 29 with an O.S. and irwin pipe eg. props, fuel, engine set-up, weights, etc. This boat is just beginning to perform but I think it has way more to give Thanks. 8)

Try the following:

1. Prop height - center line 1/4" or more above the bottom of the sponsons.

2. Prop - X440, Prather 215, reworked Octura 1140.

3. Prop thrust angle - basically neutral.

4. Balance point - between 9 1/2" and 10" from the transom. I usually takes about 3 oz. of lead to bring the boat into balance.

5. Fuel - I run my O.S. 21 OBs(I don't race O.S., but I do have a couple) on Wild Cat 65% fuel with castor added - I suppose I stick in about 2 oz. a gallon.

J.D.

29" realy?? lucky....

Hea man it is hard to beat geting help from the guy that designed the thing.. That is what i love about this fourm. Keep the questins comming and answers will flow like wine..

Jerry you are indeed the tunnel god.. One problem with this, is that most gods are old...a what the heck, fits dont you think....

Man i love a good dig.. ;D

Your old pal Grimracer...

Stick with us 29 and you might become the next JD.. In the words of Dave Preusse "Lets play boats"

Grim,

You're right about the "old" part. I cannot even get propeller numbers right anymore!!

The prop I meant to suggest was the Octura 1440 - reworked.

There's a group of "more mature" model boaters out here and our nickname is "The FROGS." The R stands for "really", the O for "old", the G for "guys", and the "S" makes it plural. And the "F", well it stands for @%$#!!

Jerry

Grim,

We all love you man but back off on the J.D. old jokes! I know he has fun with them and we love you too but just remember this: sometime ago, J.D. was your age... ???

Snowdog

Man o man you have a ton to learn.. Jerry and i go back a few years and he is the man when it comes to tunnels. You know that and so do I. however if you think that that was a dig at jerry then, well, you are right. lol ;D

One more thing snow..if i was pissing off jerry then he would not be calling me from time to time and e-mailing me pictures and the like. Heck he could tell me to stick it up my u know what.. he aint done that yet and knowing Jerry he is getting the joke.

Jerry tell me if you mind me bench racing (digs) and bugs glued to the cowl of your boats..is pissing you off..if it is i will stop.. :-X

Never a dull moment ??? .lol

Grim

Ahh Yes Wavehopper, Confuseus say ???

At the heels of any Older Racer there is a Young Racer waiting for him to make a mistake ;)

With age comes wisdom, With youth comes insperation,

and the combination of the two wins races ;D

Yes, Yes, I know, how profound, OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!

!@$@#%#$%% **** fell off the soapbox again!!!!

Slide 8)

Hi Guy's

You know what the difference between young guys and more mature guys (nice way to say old) is.

Young guys consistently go fast, but

Old guys go fast consistently.

Deep that! as the old guys LOL

GT ;D

There's many great things about racing model boats. One of them is that age isn't a deterrent to performance. I'm talking model boat racing here, not some other activity. Something I have been fortunate enough to do is travel to different places and race model boats. More than the racing, however, the opportunity to meet other model boaters has been the biggest prize I've gained from my travels.

Those who know me, know I don't mind "getting the berries" tossed at me. And, while Grim is waiting for his pond to thaw out some time in March I'll have been running boats all winter :D .

Happy Thanksgiving

J.D.

Grim,

As I am aware, J.D. calls to "help" you out in whatever way he can. I believe his endorsement of your Villian is one. Yah, so he won Namba8 in A-stock with your boat and it was his first ever! It can be explained as a FLUKE. (Just kidding J.D.) I ran with him a couple times this year and just for the oportunity to learn more from him I wish I wasn't in Belgium for four years right now. BUT I tell you Grim, when I get back, look for me because I'll be your worst nightmare! OK, so I'm not that good but I love to race and NOW that I have some good equipment I can actually get a finish or four under my belt.

OK, enough on my soapbox!

JD

Did i miss sompthing..did i not tell you how gratefull i am to you for your insperation, help and being a good racing freind.. Is there more to this then making freinds and racing with them, sharing ideas and the like? I dont think so but we might ask for more out of life.

Jerry my freind..thanks for your insperation..now my good fellow back to your motorized, oversize, ice shaving wheel chair..lol ;D man i wish i had a job like that..has to be cold in there however....remember no licking the metal parts..you might stick a toung.. :p

Brian quick question..How old do you think i am..lol I have spoke to you on the phone, does my voice not give away my age..lol

Grim

Hey Mike,

It's interesting that two of the three things I really enjoy driving operate on water. Of course, the Zamboni operates on frozen water. The third thing I enjoy driving is my Dodge Dakota. Having seen my truck at the 2000 Intenats, you know what I'm talking about.

Today I started building two new WOF 3.5 tunnels. One is 28" for a 3.5 stock motor, the other closer to 30" for a 3.5 mod. My new tunnel designs have some "Villainous" influences. So, I think we all gain when a modeler experiences success with a design and shares it with others.

J.D.

Hi Tim,

Yes - it is a modded bolt-a-boat WOF ;D (will post a pic soon - when the paint dries LOL) Kris Flynn will understand this statement. The weather and the spraygun are hot at the moment. 8)

GT

Jerry

Yea your right your dakota is sweet. And as you know trucks are a very cool to me..

Boating to me is people. The boats are the tool to get me there..

Grim

Grim,

Just so there is no misunderstanding, my comments were made in friendly jest. Just sticking up for J.D. He needs loads of help...only wish I could be there next year to pit with him. It's kind of hard for him to start the race because that darn wheelchair takes so long to get from the water to the driver stand!!! ;) Do you the Air Force will let me take that much leave??? Just remember Grim, any joke you send J.D.'s way needs to be preceeded by 24-hours.

Snowdog

Hows about a lowered Chevy C-10 shortbed, 454 with Hooker headers, Crane cam, 3500 stall convertor to a manual bodied Powerglide and 4:10 Posi!!!!!!!!!!!

Whump-a- Da- Whump-a- Da, Whaaaaaaaaa, ;D

He,He, Gearheads Unite!!!!!!

Slide 8)

Hey Slide,

That sounds like a fun ride ;D would get ya to the boat races pretty fast! I bet it leaves some rubber down with that big block and that big converter.

Side and tim

Yea my little Grimtruck has a fuel injected 5.7. Big fun in a little package..

BTW that all that would fit in there.. ;D

Grim

Hey Grim and Tim,

Yeah a smallblock in a S-10 is bigtime Boogie!!!!

Actually its much more practical than the bigblock in the fullsize C-10, the modded powerglide came out of a gas rail a friend of mine had and retired, had to make up a special drive shaft for it. As of late the 10:5:1 pistons and 850 double pumper had ta go, fuel around here sucks. Got 8:5:1 and a rejetted Quadrajet now. Believe it or not the hardest thing to find was the radiator, a 4 core chevy radiator is hard to find around here for some reason, So I went with a Modine for a late model stock car, with a pair if 14" electric fans she stays cool. Got it sold to a buddy who has been buggin me for years to let him have it. The cops are glad its sold too, I have a heavy foot!!! Ha,Ha,

Slide 8)

Latest posts

Back