jae12g new with os12tz trade for electric boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no this is buddy bryan robins boat he hates the nitro so recommended he get electric.He bought to run with me

I would also suggest not giving up... you have an awesome combo there... a little help and it will probably run with most .21's

Not as easy a conversion as you think, easier to build a new boat.

Was going to convert mine to a 2s setup, new or re-drilled sponsons, move the boom tube in the tub accordingly, this is to fit a battery, then move the radio box bulkhead as it interferes with getting everything back far enough to get the cg right.

was figuring 2s 5000mah 40c packs, Swordfish 200 esc with a Leopard 2860 4050kv 1300 watt motor max vs 1000 watt max for a 540xl. I don't like running an esc near it's limit hence the 200 amp esc.

Not exactly budget but also not top notch but still well over 150$ before you get into props, thats after a complete rebuild on the boat.

Still planning to build do one electric but it will be purpose built from the start to fit everything properly.

The biggest problem with the 540 is the weight distribution, I first tried it with a Geico motor, which weighs about 3oz (110g) more than the 2860, could not get the CG within range. This was with moving the motor back into the radio box, which leads to serious stuffing tube issue on an already built JAE.

Personally I'd leave it on nitro and spend the time getting the motor set up.

You might get a used SV27 for 150$ I have one, fun boat but not rigger performance thats for sure!

Mike, if you don't want to run your nitro powered JAE, I would recommend you list it in the "For Sale" area and use the money to build yourself a boat that meets your needs. You can buy another JAE kit from Joe Petro fairly inexpensively and then put the drive system you prefer into it. To me, you would be money ahead as you will end up with the boat you want rather than taking a chance on a used boat that could have issues to resolve before you can even put it on the water

Latest posts

Back