Electric Belt Starter Issues

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day: I picked up a electric belt starter, a new TFL Hobby. I am using a 19 inch belt, a 5000mAh, 100c, 4S, 14.8 battery. My engine is a Zenoah G300 marine with approximately 10 hours on it, so it is not new. The battery has a full charge. The starter will not spin the engine over more than once, then the belt starts to slip. I am pulling up quite hard. If I pull the plug, obviously it spins over very easy. What am I missing??

Those TFL are designed for 3-4S. Is your battery good? It might be weak. Fully discharge it at a high rate and see how much you can put back into it. DId you lube you motor? Oilling a gas more with after run can locked it up and make it difficult to turn over with a starter.
Mike

If the belt slips I would try another style belt.Does the belt fit the pulley correctly?

What kinda belt is it if it slips the battery should be good unless it slows way down.

Cycle it a couple of times to make sure you are getting full charge. You should be able to get 4K mAh into it each charge after full discharge. If you not getting that then we need to check the charge settings are correct. I would check output voltage as well.
Mike

Back