JAE Cowls .12 and .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Who can make a lightweight cowl for each of these boats and has a fair price.

Thanks

Terry

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry,

We use a SIG airplane canopy for a cowl on our boats. They are a simple vacuum formed piece and they sell for about 5 to 10 bucks. You can cut it out, glue it to you plywood base, then use some epoxy with filler to fillet around the base of the cowl for strength and to dress it out. They sell a variety of shapes and sizes.

We have picked them up at local hobby stores in the past, the last time I checked the SIG website they did not show them as an item any more. The one that I have left is a part number SIGWC809 and it is called a 9" WW2 Canopy. If you can't find a SIG, go to Tower Hobbies web site and just search airplane canopies. There are pages of them available from all sorts of different companies. You should be able to find one that is the right size for the application.

I have a mold for the 21 cowling that Mike is talking about that I made for the nova rossi for my blackjack.I will posts some picture later today.

Dave Roach

Nick,

A Valvola 21 or MAC-21 is a FRONT EXHAUST MOTOR

The Nova Rossi 21 is a rear exhaust motor.

The flywheel is on the front of the motor. :D

Just put a new S-pipe on it and you should be

competitive out of the box with a few good propellers.

I wish I could of helped you with a better motor mount.

Did you lose my number?

Take Care,

Mark Sholund

Thanks

Terry
The BEST cowls for .12 are made by "lights" on this site, he is also the builder of the lighting rigger, and the nova cranks for the outboard conversion. His guy knows his sh!t and does a hell of a job with everything he touches! His cowls are strong and light! He has told me he will be making some VERY SOON and putting a post up with pics! They go for $25.00 shipped. Look him up or search lighting riggers he has a pic of a cowl next to a lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the picture of the cowl that I have the mold for.The cowl in the picture is carbon fiber.The cowls will be made of west system and glass, no carbon fiber cowls.

Dave Roach

A buddy is gearing up to do Lexan cowls if you can hold on a little longer.......

Thanks for all the replies and Mike Betke that is a good idea but if i can get one reasonably priced and not need to much modification and light I would probably go that route but will keep the canopy idea in mind.

Terry

Thanks for all the replies and Mike Betke that is a good idea but if i can get one reasonably priced and not need to much modification and light I would probably go that route but will keep the canopy idea in mind.

Terry

Terry,

This is what one of "LIGHTS" cowls looks like on a JAE 12.

Very easy to trim to fit.

LOVE IT.

He does very nice work

See ya when the water gets soft

Mike

Terry

Terry,

LOVE IT.

He does very nice work

Mike
Nice Mike! Could you post a side view pic for us?

Thanks!

-Kent

Terry

Terry,

LOVE IT.

He does very nice work

Mike
Nice Mike! Could you post a side view pic for us?

Thanks!

-Kent
Sure, here's anotherMike

I spoke with "LIGHTS" he has 4 cowls ready to go $25.00 shipped. They are extremely light, strong, and very easy to shape. You get what you pay for (they are top notch). ;)

Thanks for the second pic Mike...and thanks for the info on the cowls Tim! They are very nice! :D

-Kent

To contact "LIGHTS" for the .12 cowls just type lights into the search under members (hes on this site). You can also PM me. I have his info. ;)

He is not making .21 cowls. The one mike posted a pic of looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:
To contact "LIGHTS" for the .12 cowls just type lights into the search under members (hes on this site). You can also PM me. I have his info.
wink.gif

He is not making .21 cowls. The one mike posted a pic of looks great.

He should be way to busy making Nova outboard conversions to have time to work on itty bitty stick boat parts.
laugh.gif

Back