JAE 67/84 build up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN4191.JPG DSCN4192.JPG DSCN4193.JPG DSCN4194.JPG DSCN4195.JPG
OK mad the new fin to test with the boat.
It is 1/2" wider than the Zip Kit blade.
Also it is .050 thick compared to .090 for the zip kit blade.
Also it is made of Titanium.....
Also like the bend lines it helps set the fin by eye on the boat when using the bottom for the reference.

DSCN4196.JPG DSCN4198.JPG DSCN4200.JPG
OK I have the strut done and the shaft cut.
Also have the ski built and test fit.
The ski came out right on the money height wise compared to the sponson ride height.
Will see how it sits on the table with the level when done.
I am using the lead Teflon bushings in the strut.
Thy pres right in with the special tool I made.
Little lock tight on the stuffing tube and its all set.
Did the measurements on the turn fin depth and rudder depth.
Turn fin is 2 3/8" deep and the rudder is 2 3/4" deep.
So how deep do the guys running JAE boat run there stuff??????

Turn fin is everything on these boats, in my opinion. getting it set is correctly will show the most improvement. Strut rides on ski, maybe flatten out, depends on prop and lift. Just don't crazy over thinking things, these boats run good in kit form. When are you going to lake, I'm gonna try and go Sunday.

Turn fin is everything on these boats, in my opinion. getting it set is correctly will show the most improvement. Strut rides on ski, maybe flatten out, depends on prop and lift. Just don't crazy over thinking things, these boats run good in kit form. When are you going to lake, I'm gonna try and go Sunday.
I need one more week to get ready. Stan wants to come down and run to. Eric also said I better not run it first time with out him....LOL

DSCN4201.JPG DSCN4202.JPG DSCN4203.JPG DSCN4206.JPG
OK the dirty deed is done........$#@&! paint......did I ever tell you all how much I %$#&@! hate PAINT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dave
What kind of paint is that? Is it fuel proof? I also hate painting and always looking for the easiest way out.
Bill

Dave
What kind of paint is that? Is it fuel proof? I also hate painting and always looking for the easiest way out.
Bill
It is a two part Urethane in a spray can. you go to the local auto paint store and pick out the color and thy stick it in the can.
You have to pop the activator in the can with a plunger thy give you with it in the cap.
This stuff will hold up to any thing epoxy will hold up to.
This and the spray can single stage primer was $36.
No muss no fuss. Just pop and spray..........

I saw our club one broke snapped strut because abc prop shake best replace strong speedmaster strut good luck

I finally got the boat on the table and checked the set up.
The tub is level with it siting on the ski and the sponsons.
The top of the sponsons came in at 1 deg tips down.
Could not ask for more.
The kit was right on the money as far as the cut and finish of the parts.
Looks like it will be off to the pond this week end to see how it runs.
I am going to start with 21" inside to inside on the sponsons and the strut level and 1/8" above the table with a ABC 2517-19-38 just sharpen and balanced to get a base line.
Will set the pipe at 10 1/2"
Went with very conservative set up on the eng 128 transfers 130 boost and 188 ex. 9.5 CR with .011 clearance. 60% nitro 20 % super techniplate oil.
Got my finger crossed.................
Will post final pictures of the finished boat ready to run this week end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back