JAE 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Johnstone

Does anyone have any pics of a JAE 45 with a wrap around Novarossi motor in regards to the water line? The one I just received seems to have an issue with it fowling on the cowl. Thanks

Mr Wayne a 90 deg fitting may help there should be plenty of room .

What cowl are you running??

+ 1 on photo

I think it is one of Jason's cowls Boom. I think you are right about the 90 degree fitting, I think that will be the best solution. Pics attached

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

What is the best way to block off the second water outlet and what size hole would I need to drill in the top of the cooling jacket? Re the exhaust pipe, this will have a wrap around exhaust, should this be placed on the turn fin side of the boat or the opposite side, I thought turn fin side to help with cornering but not 100% sure. Thanks

Turn fin side mate. That way you dont cover your pit man in fuel when launching. Plus the noise is pretty bad too.

What is the best way to block off the second water outlet and what size hole would I need to drill in the top of the cooling jacket?.
A grub screw or a button head screw where the second water fitting attaches to the head to block it off.A 1.0mm hole for an outlet will do the trick.

Tim

Definitely put a 90 degree fitting in the cooling cap. Also run the water line under the back mounting screw of the motor mount and up to the fitting. This will keep it out of the way. .063 on the water outlet hole.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Next issue, I assume during transit, the box has been dropped which has pushed the stuffing tube forward 1/4" if not more. Thankfully, it was sleeved so it should be just a case of pushing it back. Unfortunately it does look as though it has hit the ski and dislodged part of one side. What is the best way to re-join the ski where it has separated? Should the join be filleted?

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

In my Jae 45 the ski was glued and received two lawyers of 1oz fiberglass cloth in both sides... this way you won't loose it after an eventually blow over.In your case just apply some 30 min epoxy glue and reinforce it with fiber.Gill

Wayne ,try and set your strut as low possible.that setup is not good. The front of the strut should be at the end of the ski. Your prop will work that way. Or bite better. Harbor Freight sells a Japanese flush cut saw ,very inexpensive cut and move your ski forward. Looks like 3/4"

file a round slot on the ski end for the brass stuffing tube. Helping the strut seat as low as possable? You'll get the speeds you want.

. This is what I'm talking about , it's my 21 JAE in the pic,my 45 looks the same at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne.

I have built many JAE boats The ski's never fit flush to the bottom. Either a fillet of thick glue or Anthony's method works well.

Just straighten the brass stuffing tube out and make sure the Strut is resting flat on the ski This is all that's needed.

Regards Tom

Latest posts

Back