JAE 21G2 Rudder and strut Setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geralddejager

I would like some advise please, busy building my JAE 21 from Zippkits and really enjoying it.

My questions is - I would rather machine parts to extend my rudder and strut behind the hull instead of stacking the ply between my transom and running gear.

1. What is the suggested distance between the transom and rudder leading edge ?

2. same for the strut - what would be the ideal distance between the transom and prop ?

thanks

Gerald

I would like some advise please, busy building my JAE 21 from Zippkits and really enjoying it.

My questions is - I would rather machine parts to extend my rudder and strut behind the hull instead of stacking the ply between my transom and running gear.

1. What is the suggested distance between the transom and rudder leading edge ?

2. same for the strut - what would be the ideal distance between the transom and prop ?

thanks

Gerald
There isn't any suggested distance for the strut or rudder.....the set back is not critical.......the wood on the transom was used for the blind "T" nuts to

hold on the brackets so mounting screws do not penetrate the radio box and become a source of a leak......

.....as long as the strut bottom sits on top of the ski bottom sheeting like the instructions show everything will be fine.

If this explanation is confusing,
wacko.gif
wink.gif
e-mail me your phone number and I will be glad to talk to you........

I am not what you would call a very creative writer.
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be better. A prop and rudder close to the transom or far away like with he spacing blocks?

Cobus

Back