JAE 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the JAE21 should weigh complete without fuel? :unsure: So far I'm up to 3 1/2 pounds and that's without the strut, prop, linkages, and clear coating. I think this is going to be a heavy boat. My last boat was 3 1/4 pounds complete. :unsure:

Thanks

Nick

i weighed mine at 4 pounds with everthing on it i run a 3rd channel remote needle. it is sealed but not cleared coated yet so it will be a little heavier. i know the remote needle, extra servo and mount adds up to 2oz, i also used andy browns motor mounts instead of the blocks this added 1/4 oz over the solinger mount set up.

Your Aeromarine collet seems to have the pilot not fitting inside the front of the flywheel.

You have to turn the pilot on the collet down on a lathe - be accurate - so it runs true !

Here are more pic of boat. today I made a cowl for it,I install a bulkhead water fitting, the fitting is made by Fourmost Products..

Chuck the connector on the rudder push rod is made by Rocket city I got them at my LHS.

Ron I dont't know what I'm going to do with the motor mount protrusions, maybe I will just flare them in to nothing :lol: I have to think about this :unsure: :blink: ........

more to come

Thanks. Nick

Really like your cowl,did you keep the patterns??Like the NACA duct too.Very nice.
Hey Ron. yes I do have the patterns for the cowl Induction :D

Thanks. Nick
hi nick, do you think there will be any issuse with the cowl induction sucking water straight to the carb? thanks,mike.ps, nice build.

Finally got a strut for my JAE :) now I can go ahead with the rest of the build. Jim made the strut to my mounting specs and he added some high performances tricks to it :ph34r: :D thanks Jim your strut is awesome!! I also made an oiler the same as Steve's Woods with the fitting on the side of the tank so the pipe can go over it with out any problems.

Mike I don't know if the cowl induction will bring the water to the carb? I think most of the water will fly over the cowl. I guess I will find out at the races :D

Nick

0320001122a.jpg

0320001122b.jpg

0320001124.jpg

0320001125.jpg

Back