JAE 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigtmare

Here some things I have done with my boat :ph34r:

qyiqf7.jpg

30vm2rl.jpg

18zrkx.jpg

17coaq.jpg

iyn4lj.jpg

15ovxhz.jpg

ano6sg.jpg

2ch1308.jpg

Looks good. Thanks for posting pictures.

Is the oiler setup just a shaft collar tapped for a brass pressure fitting?

I'm still trying to decide whether to go with an oiler or grease...

I liked the oiler concept too..... I'm a grease guy.... hmmm.... thanks for the pics.... i'm forging ahead....

Looks good. Thanks for posting pictures.

Is the oiler setup just a shaft collar tapped for a brass pressure fitting?

I'm still trying to decide whether to go with an oiler or grease...
Yes it is a shaft collar that I've turned on the lathe and tapped a fitting on it :) now I will work on the tank for it, by the way oiler is the way to go B) you will never look back.

Thanks. Nick

nightmare - where are you getting those connectors you are using on the rudder pushrod (the round one on the rudder end)? that is the style i like and i can not find them anywhere. any idea what brand they are?

thanks

Nickos brought it to our NLMBC meeting yesterday and it looks better in person than it does here! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your build,BUT please remove the motor mount protrusions from the bottom of the boat,we know IT MATTERS. Thanks.
So you guys did testing and a bolt head protrusion through the bottom causes a problem? Does this slow the boat even when the boat is on full plane, or just when it settles into the water a little? An elaboration would be helpful. Thanks.

Here are more pic of boat. today I made a cowl for it,I install a bulkhead water fitting, the fitting is made by Fourmost Products..

Chuck the connector on the rudder push rod is made by Rocket city I got them at my LHS.

Ron I dont't know what I'm going to do with the motor mount protrusions, maybe I will just flare them in to nothing :lol: I have to think about this :unsure: :blink: ........

more to come

Thanks. Nick

2w3yf08.jpg

4rtahv.jpg

lim4p.jpg

33pc9vo.jpg

azj960.jpg

30u4imu.jpg

24v65oo.jpg

aakbcy.jpg

4skye9.jpg

143j7ys.jpg

I like your build,BUT please remove the motor mount protrusions from the bottom of the boat,we know IT MATTERS. Thanks.
So you guys did testing and a bolt head protrusion through the bottom causes a problem? Does this slow the boat even when the boat is on full plane, or just when it settles into the water a little? An elaboration would be helpful. Thanks.
Just keep the bottom clean with no protrusions.

I wish I've known that before I started building :( is it anything else you care to share with us???

Thanks. nick

Here are more pic of boat. today I made a cowl for it,I install a bulkhead water fitting, the fitting is made by Fourmost Products..

Chuck the connector on the rudder push rod is made by Rocket city I got them at my LHS.

Ron I dont't know what I'm going to do with the motor mount protrusions, maybe I will just flare them in to nothing :lol: I have to think about this :unsure: :blink: ........

more to come

Thanks. Nick

Really like your cowl,did you keep the patterns??Like the NACA duct too.Very nice.

2w3yf08.jpg

4rtahv.jpg

lim4p.jpg

33pc9vo.jpg

azj960.jpg

30u4imu.jpg

24v65oo.jpg

aakbcy.jpg

4skye9.jpg

143j7ys.jpg

I wish I've known that before I started building :( is it anything else you care to share with us???

Thanks. nick
Ron,

It would be helpful if you explained why. We now know it is not good to have protrusions on the bottom, but if they are already there, we need to know whether it is worth the hassle to redo. FWIW, I posted this question a few weeks ago, and no one said it was bad.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=37187&st=0&p=331422&hl=bolt%20protrusion&fromsearch=1entry331422

Luckily, I changed my mind and went with studs.

Thanks for any tech.

Thanks. nick
Ron,

It would be helpful if you explained why. We now know it is not good to have protrusions on the bottom, but if they are already there, we need to know whether it is worth the hassle to redo. FWIW, I posted this question a few weeks ago, and no one said it was bad.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=37187&st=0&p=331422&hl=bolt%20protrusion&fromsearch=1entry331422

Thanks for any tech.
I'm guessing no one from JAE saw that post. The boat is designed to sheet off water,anything underneath is just going to cause a "sucking down" action.

Thanks. nick
Ron,

Thanks for any tech.
I'm guessing no one from JAE saw that post. The boat is designed to sheet off water,anything underneath is just going to cause a "sucking down" action.
Thanks, that was the tech I was looking for. That makes sense.

more to come

Thanks. Nick

Really like your cowl,did you keep the patterns??Like the NACA duct too.Very nice.
Hey Ron. yes I do have the patterns for the cowl Induction :D

Thanks. Nick

Its been a long time since my last post and I have done some work that I like to share with you guys. After Ron Zaker posted saying not to have anything at the bottom of the tub I took the pine engine mounts out and covered the holes :angry: what a job that was :eek: :huh: I had to do some repairs to the tub but it all came out Ok!! What ever you do DO NOT use pine for the mount.

I made a mount on my lathe and I'm going to mount it through the side of the tub <_< The hull is now ready to be cleared. After that, I gotta do all the linkages and order an engine for it. This is the easiest build I've ever done. More to come.

Thanks. nick

qysbir.jpg

23qz4og.jpg

29zpt2g.jpg

2ikz2gj.jpg

35bcr2q.jpg

2cqbret.jpg

25gszlc.jpg

2n9jb5i.jpg

2m3g50j.jpg

Its been a long time since my last post and I have done some work that I like to share with you guys. After Ron Zaker posted saying not to have anything at the bottom of the tub I took the pine engine mounts out and covered the holes :angry: what a job that was :eek: :huh: I had to do some repairs to the tub but it all came out Ok!! What ever you do DO NOT use pine for the mount.

I made a mount on my lathe and I'm going to mount it through the side of the tub <_< The hull is now ready to be cleared. After that, I gotta do all the linkages and order an engine for it. This is the easiest build I've ever done. More to come.

Thanks. nick

Looks cool man,and thanks for the patterns of the cowl!

qysbir.jpg

23qz4og.jpg

29zpt2g.jpg

2ikz2gj.jpg

35bcr2q.jpg

2cqbret.jpg

25gszlc.jpg

2n9jb5i.jpg

2m3g50j.jpg

Back