JAE 21 rudder depth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe does have the strut on his site now but it's under JAE .12 Accessories. The .21 shouldn't be much different if at all.

dont worry ron, walt has a few .21 kits also, the speedmaster rudder i think is more narrow then the zippkits? any body have any drive time on jims struts they look nice but they have no postive or negitve adjustment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin,

Maybe you need to shorten your rudder a little bit more before you try this

85 MPH propeller that I just finished for you. :D I think 90 is going to be

possible maybe this year. :unsure:

Stay Warm,

Mark Sholund

dont worry ron, walt has a few .21 kits also, the speedmaster rudder i think is more narrow then the zippkits? any body have any drive time on jims struts they look nice but they have no postive or negitve adjustment?
Walt's sneaky! :D If we can keep up with him then we'd be doing good.

I gotta give him a call one of these days to see what he's up to anyway. Walt, if you see this call my cell phone during the day, I'm under a new unlimited calling plan and a new phone to go with it.

OK, I just trotted downstairs again. The distance from the transom to the hinge is very close on both. The Speedmaster is maybe 1/16" narrower/thinner at the back by the pickup which could be an advantage for those trying to squeeze very MPH out of the boat.

I gotta give him a call one of these days to see what he's up to anyway. Walt, if you see this call my cell phone during the day, I'm under a new unlimited calling plan and a new phone to go with it.

OK, I just trotted downstairs again. The distance from the transom to the hinge is very close on both. The Speedmaster is maybe 1/16" narrower/thinner at the back by the pickup which could be an advantage for those trying to squeeze very MPH out of the boat.
Good deal Ron...Thanks!! BTW, I have one of Jim's struts and they are very nice!! Are you going to be running one of them?

-Kent

I'm not sure whose strut I'll run right now as they're both very close. Time is on my side right now with not being able to go outside and play for a few more months yet.

top fuel 1.....

There is a 99% chance you will not need any strut angle adjustment on a JAE.21G......

If you want to test different strut angles just shim the top or bottom of the strut mounting face.... ;)

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na.... Walts not sneaky.

I have 2 kits here, one will be a 21 heat boat and the other will be a 45 SAW boat, that is when ever I get to them.

I haven't touched a boat for myself since I broke the 45 SAW boat in Flint and it's still sitting broken.

Now Ron, you sitting down.....

Here's a shocker....I'm getting married.

Yup, that little blond that came to visit for my birthday, the week after flint, we're finally getting married. I let her go 35 years ago, but this time all is right and she did say yes.... Ah oh.... :huh: :lol: :lol:

Life has been good!! :D

But sometime coming up I do need to work on some boats too. I still need a boat for Flint.

WEATHER ALERT! HELL JUST FROZE OVER!!!!!!!!! :eek: :lol:

Walt, it was a good thing that I was sitting down as I thought that you were going to be a bachelor forever. Congrats but I'm shocked in a good way.

Is Matti OK with it?

So, when's the big day?

Ron,

Matti turned out to be a traitor.

She's her dog now :D I guess girls stick together, so all is great. :)

No dates yet. She has a big house in California but is moving here so lots to do yet.

now i understand why you didn't log on to iw for a few days, back around your birthday ;) :p . congratulations, my friend!!

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na.... Walts not sneaky.

I have 2 kits here, one will be a 21 heat boat and the other will be a 45 SAW boat, that is when ever I get to them.

I haven't touched a boat for myself since I broke the 45 SAW boat in Flint and it's still sitting broken.

Now Ron, you sitting down.....

Here's a shocker....I'm getting married.

Yup, that little blond that came to visit for my birthday, the week after flint, we're finally getting married. I let her go 35 years ago, but this time all is right and she did say yes.... Ah oh.... :huh: :lol: :lol:

Life has been good!! :D

But sometime coming up I do need to work on some boats too. I still need a boat for Flint.
Wow, I'm shocked too, congratulations! :D

Was wondering when someone would make one of these into a SAW boat, I bet a 45 in the 21 would ROCK! :D

Thanks guys,

I'm a bit shocked too.

Terry,

I'm curious myself how one will go with my 45 Mac in it.I'll start on it soon

1st I think the SGX will go back together. That setup was pretty darn good and I'm just not done with it yet. There was plenty more left in that thing before the big thud. :eek:

Back