Its not Nitro but it starts with a Belt

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACLazer

Ok, its not a Nitro Motor but it does start with a Belt :D

XLS 36 AC Razor SAW

At least now I do have a 24V Starter and Batteries for when I do get my first Nitro Boat. It could happen B)

I have looked very losely at this motor. Is this the same factory that made motors for go Kart in italy? Or was it motor cycles I can't remember.

**** Dom, you keep outdoing yourself on every new project!

Now tell Andy to send you some fuel burning hulls to test. THAT would scare the crap out of the D-2 racers!!! :lol:

Hi guys, SG Racing produce minibike (or pokerbike) and special parts for it.

In the last two years they devoloped the 35cc engine and now is finally for sale!

(take a look at the WEB SITE )

If you want to see some other pics of the engine take a look at this PAGE are some picture taken during the international race in Leno (Italy).

Ciao Ale

Chuck, I think that Ale has answered your question for you.

This is a very impressive motor with tons of torque and it pulled a 8018/3 Prop Shop prop yesterday at our club race and wanted more. I dont have props large enough to see its full potential yet, but I will soon.

Thanks Ron, I do have another hull coming to test. Andy wants me to test it with a Stock 260 and he also wants me to test it with a M&D designs full mod 260. Its a very high lift hull design with a very fast bottom too. It will never be a race hull like the Lazer 45 in rough and heat race water but if your quick on the trigger, and know when to let off, well .... who knows. I was shaking after running this thing yesterday and its been a long time since a boat has done that to me :unsure: We ran 3 heats and I put the SG Boat in our Open Class at a Club Race. I could only run it 3 or 4 laps in a heat and I had to bring it in or it would run out of gas. It has a 500 mil IV bag in it right now that wont hold much with the portion under the engine but I will install a larger 1000 mil IV Fuel Bag and make a few other small changes this week and test it again with some new props.

Scott, in all XLS Classes in the IMPBA the rules say use of a belt start or remote start method of starting.

Thanks

Dom

zz5.JPG

Yes he did. :) :) I had seem some motors a few years back by SGM I think. They made go kart motors and motor cycle motors that look VERY much like that.

If the motor has that much torque. You may not find the prop. I know that Propshop make them big enough but the bigger they get the more movement in the rear.

If that motor pulled an 8018/3, A x482/3 is an option.

If you need the 90 series size props an bigger. I WANT A RIDE ON IT!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ScottVanSlooten said:
Not to be a sour apple but don't you need a pull start to run gas in IMPBA comp.?  Scott
111906[/snapback]

I know it's hard to keep up with how the IMPBA gas rules seem to change every year but as of the "current" rules you can belt start your gas motors. Now give it 6 months & that may change ......... again. :) :D :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right Don, the Gas Rules seem to change like we change our Pants anymore :blink:

I do have some props coming that should be real interesting to try. It sure is a handful and not bad when I am out testing in a straight line or oval by myself but testing at the Club Pond with other boats out on the water gets real scary. I did make 3 full laps yesterday at full noise with that 8018/3 and it looked like a gas rigger in the turns and just as fast in the straights ;)

Thanks HendricX.

The problem with the larger ones is it will make the boat lean and pull even more then it does now. I may end up shimming the drive to get the pull out so I wont have to run left rudder. I will have many new props to try next time out and I hope to find one that makes the boat real happy, work on that series and I will pitch or cup from there.

Get her done then take it up to the record trials in Flint. I think that it's the 17th and 18th of September.

Ron Olson said:
Get her done then take it up to the record trials in Flint. I think that it's the 17th and 18th of September.
112217[/snapback]

Thats what I am hoping for Ron. The IMPBA Web Site says October first and second :unsure:

Back