IT DOESN'T GET ANY SIMPLER TO UNDERSTAND!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
This clearly illustrates the proper way to interpret the U.S. budget deficit, doesn't matter if your Republican or Democrat. Too bad the all idiots on both sides of Capitol hill can't seem to get it...........

Hell those numbers are better than my budget if you consider my mortgage in the debt and remove the 0's.

Add up your budget and see how it comes out.

most all do the same at home.

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

David

Hell those numbers are better than my budget if you consider my mortgage in the debt and remove the 0's.

Add up your budget and see how it comes out.

most all do the same at home.

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

David
My budget doesn't look anything close to that including my mortgage and I have a good bit more equity (even after the housing market collapse) than mortgage balance. I could tap a big chunk of my savings and pay off my mortgage but it would actually cost me money in the long run not having the tax write off. Plus I'm forcing myself to put as much money away as I can for retirement because I'm fairly confident that social security won't be around when I retire even though I've paid into for decades. The big problem is the mindset of most being that it's perfectly fine to be a-hole deep in debt and to stay that way so the governments recklessness seems ok to them. I for one do not subscribe to that line of thinking so there is no calling the kettle black here............

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Don most in America are under water right now and have more debt than thy would like.

There are very few that did not take a very large hit when it all came crashing down.

The majority of us are gust holding are own.

Consider your self lucky and one of the 1%

If you think SS will disappear think not it is the bank the government taps from.

Then again if it did get abolished. There would most definitely be a revolt if all that money disappeared that we paid all whole life for.

David

Doesn't being part of the 1% mean you're wealthy? I for one am certainly not even remotely close to being wealthy. I think the position we (my wife and I) have been fortunate enough to push ourselves into was largely driven on fear of the "what if". You know ..... what if one of us loses our job, what if I were to get hurt and be unable to work for a while (we men do stupid things right? :p ), you get the idea. We lucked out when we bailed out of northern Virginia at the height of the out of control housing market and came down here drastically reducing our COL. Don't get me wrong, the idea of either one of us losing our job still scares the crap out of me but at least we won't be out in the streets because we've overextended ourselves like soooo many Americans have living beyond their means. The housing crash was doomed to happen and a 100% direct result of stupidity on Bill Clinton and Barney Frank's financial programs, people were getting loaned money they never ever should have qualified for and with ZERO down on top of that (they nicknamed them ninja loans- No Income No Job or Assets). When that all came crashing down it snowballed into what we have now, a frikkin' disaster of epic proportions. Then we heard OMG we must bail out the financial sector or Wall Street will implode!!! Those bailouts all were a bunch of smoke and mirrors designed to move and shelter money to the mega wealthy and nothing more, now they can't even tell you where it all went! Our country is being run by politicians who don't give a rat's butt about you or I, it's all about them and now the middle class is being systematically slaughtered by the agenda of the current administration who seems to think you can tax and spend your way to prosperity. History has shown that has never worked as eventually you run out of other people's money, you'd think we'd learn by our mistakes.................

Very well said..In Australia there are currently 125 jobs cut per day in one state alone. Very scary times indeed :wacko:

Fear of the " what if " drove me also also Don. If I had not pushed myself to pay down second loans and mortages in the past I would probably be hurting today. Unlike our own govertment I do not believe in deficet spending. Most of my stuff is old. I have only ever bought one new truck that is now 10 years old. The only times in my life I've spent or borrowed more than I've earned. was buying homes. Now I'm retired and my income is fixed but The fear of "What if " is stronger than ever.

If you are confused on "who is sharing your salary" Julian - the prez and all those looking for handouts are who is "sharing your salary".. I payed into My OWN S.S system and my own retirement system. And paid taxes all my life. ANY QUESTIONS?

My retirement and social security have also become a joke Julian. A bad joke- please do make light of many's current situations.

My retirement and social security have also become a joke Julian. A bad joke- please do make light of many's current situations.
Glen my comment was to the picture Don F posted and has nothing to do with your situation

Salary of retired US Presidents .............$180,000 FOR LIFE

Salary of House/Senate .......................$174,000 FOR LIFE

Salary of Speaker of the House .............$223,500 FOR LIFE

Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders ....... $193,400 FOR LIFE

Average Salary of a teacher ............... $40,065

Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN AFGHANISTAN ....... $38,000

I think we found where the cuts should be made!!!!!!

I see a problem here Don, The first four catagories will probably not accept a cut in their retirement. I think we should keep the teachers as they are taxpayers and can teach those that want to learn how to habla englais.Bringing the troops home would mean they would no longer be exempt from paying federal taxes.

I see a problem here Don, The first four catagories will probably not accept a cut in their retirement. I think we should keep the teachers as they are taxpayers and can teach those that want to learn how to habla englais.Bringing the troops home would mean they would no longer be exempt from paying federal taxes.
And the worst part is they automatically receive the lifetime payments as well as lifetime full medical and retirement from the first day on the job. A one term person gets all that for the rest of their life! So how'd you like to work a 2 year gig and get that????

Guess I missed the boat again Don, I'm retired and will never work for anyone ever again.

Back