Is this a good battery for a P spec tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Crouch

thought I would ask opions before spending money on something that is junk. I found these Turnigy nano tech 5000 mah that are 45-90 C for a good price and just want to know if this would be a good battery for heat racing use for my application. Can get them for about $60 each. Right now money is a little tight and I just dont want to waste it buying crappy batteries that will not cut the mustard!!!

thanks in advance for ya'll input, John C

Thanks Man, I may try to get a couple of the Dinogy batteries, but just not right now. I have CC racing building me a brand new sport hydro for this year and most of my model boat money is going there right now. LOL Are you going to the spring nats? let me know if you are and maybe we can all try to stay at the same hotel and hang out some.....

thought I would ask opions before spending money on something that is junk. I found these Turnigy nano tech 5000 mah that are 45-90 C for a good price and just want to know if this would be a good battery for heat racing use for my application. Can get them for about $60 each. Right now money is a little tight and I just dont want to waste it buying crappy batteries that will not cut the mustard!!!

thanks in advance for ya'll input, John C
FWIW, I've been running four of these exact same packs (4S) for three years without any problems.

John, No Spring Nats for me . Only two classes for me to run in. Plus too close to oval trials which I commited to. I'll be making a trip down to Atlanta in July though. I've gone the past couple of years and always have a good time there.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I run is Turnigy's, zero problems as of yet. I do know one person who got a bad cell once. They may not be top of the line, but I have won quite a few races with Nano techs... Im on my second full season with most of them.

those batterys are great never had problem with them. the only problem i had with kobby king is there shipping. besides that never had any problems with those batterys they work great for 1/8 offroad same pack used for last 3 years. yes i been using only 1 pack for last 3 years

My thoughts. I believe the Zippy is every bit the battery the Turnigy is, maybe more. I have used both. Only the Turnigy has puffed up on me.

TL

My thoughts. I believe the Zippy is every bit the battery the Turnigy is, maybe more. I have used both. Only the Turnigy has puffed up on me.

TL

Okay guys, here's the deal. Many (most) cheap Chinese batteries are made like any other product. Out of a lot of 1000, ~100 are really good, 100 are really bad, and the rest are average. In the US and many other countries, most manufacturers will toss out the bad specimens and sell the top 100 for a premium. This preserves their reputation, whihc in Western business culture has been important for success. Throwing something away is just not a part of current Chinese business culture. The cheap Chinese sellers will put the bad cells in with the rest and sell them all as the same product, relying on low pricing to generate repeat business.

If you are in luck you get either the average or the very good specimens. If not - you get the bad ones. This is the real explanation (barring user error) why some follks have good luck with Turnigy packs, and others have very bad experiences. Virtually no quaity control compared to what we have been used to in decades past. This same reality applies with cheap motors, radios, etc.

I am not meaning to insult our Chinese cousins, but facts are facts. Chinese manufacturers can make outstanding products - but if we always expect to pay the low price, we get what we pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back