Lipo 6-S what C-rating for starting big blocks ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first used old lipo packs on my starter (2008) I ran two 4S 5000 mah packs in parallel. Even with others borrowing the starter for their boats, the packs were only down 10% at the end of the day. I now only use one 5000 mah pack. Starters are lots easier on batteries than electric boats.

Lohring Miller

I got a 45c. Looks like way more than I need. Will a Dynatron ever pull 100 apms? I've seen many lipo set up on starters here at the Florida races this year and most are using 25c.

I got the 5s 45c 5000 Zippy for our 12V Sulllivan. The Zippy seemed to have the best overall user rating on the Hobbyking site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a turnigy 6S 25C 5000 Mah . I can start an SG 35 and CMB 15 without any issues for a while ;) .

B

I got a 45c. Looks like way more than I need. Will a Dynatron ever pull 100 apms? I've seen many lipo set up on starters here at the Florida races this year and most are using 25c.

I got the 5s 45c 5000 Zippy for our 12V Sulllivan. The Zippy seemed to have the best overall user rating on the Hobbyking site.
Hi Andy,

Does the 12v on 18.5v crank the big blocks ok? ie:101's Or were bumbing with 12v on 24v on the big blocks?

Thanks, John

Hi Andy,

Does the 12v on 18.5v crank the big blocks ok? ie:101's Or were bumbing with 12v on 24v on the big blocks?

Thanks, John
John, I've been using this 12V Sullivan on EVERYTHING for the last 25 years powered by a pair of 7 amp gelcells wired for 24V. Now that I have hooked it to the Lipo I'd dare say it has more punch now.

I`ve also had the same Dynatron for 20 years, running on 24 volt lead acid batteries. Cranking 35 cc`s is not a problem at all.

So, if you have 5S or 6S you shouldn`t have any problem at all cranking a 101.

25C (40-50C burst) will give you more power than you ever need. Keep in mind that you spin the Dynatron just a few seconds each time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back