is there a way to make a outboard a inboard?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey day

hey guys i was wondering of there is any way to convert a K&B .21 stock air-cooled outboard engine into a .21 inboard engine. And if so how much would it cost. thanks!!

casey day

It can be done quite easily and it would cost close to nothing.

Mount the OB 180 degrees with the flywheel facing the front of the boat. Then use a cable with a squared end. The advantage is that the exhaust will be pointing to the back.

Yup, and you can take the starter belt off once the engine starts. Allot easier than folding it under a cowl.

Sure, unless the engine needs to go so far forward that it would be hard to get a belt around the flywheel since the flywheel is under the deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i don't really understand how to convert the engine theres room for it in the front but im not sure how to do it.

awsome jerry thanks and also on november 6th i will have my new os air-cooled .21!!! i ordered it earlier today!!! :lol:

Since it is air cooled it will need to be converted to water cooling (which is easy). As an outboard the aluminum leg helps dissapate heat.

Back