Is there a motor that is as dependable as an OS but runs like a Nova Rossi?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

If I can't get my .21 Keep running properly, is there a .21 OB alternative to Nova Rossi that runs consistent?

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff. Sent you a PM. Call me so we can discuss whats going on. Thanks.

If I can't get my .21 Keep running properly, is there a .21 OB alternative to Nova Rossi that runs consistent?

Thanks, Jeff
What's wrong with it? When we tested it, it was immediately a runner. After playing with props, stock out the box at 57.2 mph, no mods or finicky issues.

I really like the motor, I am pretty sure it is me. I had it on a flow meter but I will check to make sure it is not to lean.

Pipe. Carb. The two hills to overcome. Make sure flexshaft not bent...May have high head clearance...

Jeff,

The head clearance out of the box is set for lower nitro. If you are running 50-65% you have to lower the head clearance. Start about .008. Mic can help you get this right. Also, these engines like a hotter plug. I run the NR 6T which is a hot Nova plug. If you use Odonnel plugs try the 97 or 77 turbo or its equivalent standard plug. Once Mic gives me some clarification, I will get him the proper pipe length so he can trim your stock header.

, Sounds like a plan, thanks!

Jeff,
The head clearance out of the box is set for lower nitro. If you are running 50-65% you have to lower the head clearance. Start about .008. Mic can help you get this right. Also, these engines like a hotter plug. I run the NR 6T which is a hot Nova plug. If you use Odonnel plugs try the 97 or 77 turbo or its equivalent standard plug. Once Mic gives me some clarification, I will get him the proper pipe length so he can trim your stock header.

Mic,

Center of plug along centerline of header and pipe total length to fattest part of pipe should start around 9" qith NR pipe, so RS pipe should be around this same length as a starting point. I had to play with the length as the closer I got to 8 1/4", the pipe was harder to "hit", and when it did at those shorter lengths, it was brutal. If it hit in the turns, it would pick the entire tunnel up out of the water and stuff it sideways. Since this one is on an outboard hydro, you may be able to get closer to that 8 1/4" mark. You will cut from 1-2" off of that stock header.

Ron,

Ballpark what would be the distance laterally from the centerline of the piston to the end of the header? Just the distance to the left side not including the header curve.

Mic

Mic,

I take a piece of solder and starting at the plug, I follow the centerline of the header and pipe through the two bends all the way to the fattest part of the pipe. Some header ends of the pipes are trimmed a little differently so I always measure all the way. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron I see u mentioned these motors head clearance is set for lower % nitro. I'm still trying to get mine going. With box stock, what nitro % do u recomend? I've been using 66%

These engines are built to be screamers right from the factory. If you are running 65%, you need to be running .006-.008 head clearance Chuck.

Ok, I'm no pro and don't have the tools to measure so I'll try 40%. It's starting to come alive, just don't get a chance to play with it much

These engines are build for 25 % nitro . That's what nova rossi says on their website.

Back