IRWIN PIPE OUTLET SIZE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

I have a older used Irwin pipe with a angled inlet and what seems to be a large outlet to me . For a good starting point !! Can someone tell me the best outlet size for this pipe and stinger length on a Mod K&B ??

I have to play catch-up very quickly !!! I have missed my two throw-a-way races, in a best of 5 out of 7 race schedule . HELP !!!

What engine is it on? My 3.5 Irwin stinger is sleeved to .250 and the 7.5 is sleeved to .317 with a 707 Specialties cone muffler. This has worked for K&B 3.5 and 7.5 engines. I'm testing the 3.5 pipe on a MAC 21 now, and it seems ok.

Lohring Miller

Hey Gener, How does the water injected exauhst work on the outboard? ~ James

PS I have heard about that purple Carb......What was so great about them? whats the throat ID?

THANKS LOHRING and GENE !!!!!!!!

Lets see the stinger outlet inside diameter is .3805 and its on a K&B 3.5 with a head clearance of minus .0059 !! he!he!he! would it be benefical to shave the head button or just shim it up ??

THANKS AGAIN

Hey James,

Never tried the water injection, I have a pressure tap on my header cause the CF pipe I had did not have one, capped it off when I ran the Irwin.

Purple carb bore is .340 just a smidge smaller than the red carb, always thought the red carb was too big for a 3.5, had good results with the purple for SAW.

Gene ;D

Sorry Gene, looked like from the pick that the water coming out of the head was going into the pipe. I have installed many water injection systems on racing Jet skis (back in my technician days for Yamaha) It would be installed directly into the expansion chamber controlled by a solenoid valve......not real sure what the theory was, cant remember, something about more dense air charge...blahblahblah. Ring a bell with anyone???

~ James

Slideblues

Greeting ;)

Can you send more details pics of your pipe installed please my friend

Gatt.

Latest posts

Back