Irvin .21 Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

i was recently given a really old rc car along with some plane bodies [no hardware/radio gear], the car's a piece but the engine is in great condition. I took it apart, cleaned it up, and lubed the inside with ATF- it's an Irvin .21 with a big ol' finned heat sink, black plastic carb that looks like it's from the 50's [and possibly is :) ], and cool little canister muffler with duel output tubes.

i don't know anything about this engine besides that it's English, if anyone knows any info, approx. price, or any stats please post 'em.

thanks,

Joe

Hi

The Irvine engines are english and have a perry style plastic carb. They were made in the 80's and are still made. Good solid engines - not a horsepower demon though they did make a couple of hotrod engines.

GT

hendrick,

i checked both those places- all they've got are plane engines, can't seem to find the thing anywhere. I know you can get parts from this place in england but they dont have a website. oh well, i put it in the "for sale" section for what i thought was a decent price.

thanks for the info,

Joe

Back