Interesting statement....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The racing community is alot more than the people that you are talking about. The Nationals and the SAW's. It's the same ole thing. I just hope that Tom and Doug are above this same old stuff. Frankly I could care less about some healing at the NAT's. I have no intention of ever attending there ever unless it's in MI. It's the other site that started the division, not this one.
It created division within my own club that I founded, so don't tell me it hasn't created problems outside the Nats/SAW. As far as the Nats go, the bickering and fighting affected a lot of innocent people in our club, racers that never travel outside our district and many probably never will. These are the CORE FE racers, not the handful of us that do travel to races around the country. One of the things I heard repeatedly from our club members is "This is supposed to be fun". When all the fighting was going on, posts dropped off dramatically on all the forums, the bottom line is, debate is good and healthy for the sport. Name calling & innuendoes are not. The vast majority of FE boaters don't even race, the bickering is a turnoff and does not reflect well on this great hobby we enjoy. It hurts all of us, including the manufactures/distributors.

OK, I don't know diddly squat about Lerhner/BK or much more about the Wollards except for what I read here and in the newsstand rags. could it be that they are trying to pump more out of the ESC's than what they are designed for? A lot of electric whatever racers do this. Overpropping, too many cells, etc. I've got enough electric racing experience with trucks to know that you can pump in more than 1.2 volts per cell, I've put in over 10 volts into a 6 cell pack on more than one occasion. Why is RRR waiting until they fried 40 ESC's to return them?

Their Legal team. Did the guy give up Ambulance chasing? Come on now, this Hobby can't be this big of a money maker to hire a Boston Lawyer. Remember, I've been to the Michigan Cup race and was surprised at how small the Electric racing world is. I know that there has got to be a lot of Hobbyists out there playing with electrics to justify being in the Biz in the first place.

Another reason to stay with my Nitro boats thank you, less of a Pissing contest from the majority but I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what develops.

Wet Paint Racing-- Inquiring minds want to know ;D

I gotta see if I can find George Dalecki's phone number again.

Ron, Rum Runner Hobbies was the distributor for the BK controllers, the 40 controllers that are not being serviced are not only from team rum runner but also the consumers that bought them.

Yes, I'm sure that a lot of failures happened from improper use, but in my case, the controller just stopped working, no overproping, didn't get wet, it just wouldn't arm one day and never has since.

This has been on going, it also cost a small fortune to ship to Germany, even I wait until I have a few controllers to send back to save money. I'm going to send mine direct to BK and see what happens.

All of the BL Controllers have problems, the only companies that I have dealt with the seem to take care of problems in a timely manor are Hacker & Aveox. I have not used the Castle BL controllers yet, but I have used their brushed ones and their service was outstanding.

Dan regarding controllers, Dick Crowe gave a very good review of the castle creations controller, (as I mentioned above) I forgot the model, but I have to say for myself that I would need it to be bullet proof before I drop that amount of dosh, I think the whole brushless motor sounds unbelievable and worth the expense,with those kinda revs and low maintenance , I mean I am considering dropping 300+ on a plett for the 1/8th scale, and it will be a lot more maintenance and I am shooting for 22-24,000 rpm, if I knew I had a bulletproof controller the numbers wouldn't be that far apart for me to get a nice brushless system, but the thought of anything smoking in the shop besides me.... keeps me from giving it a go... btw did you catch the blip Andy K mentioned he may be coming out with a controller that would work for both types..... how big of a seller will that be!!!!!!! :)

"bulletproof controllers for brushless" equals myth
ROFLMAO!!! Steve has that right!!! ;D

Eddie, NO BL Controler is "bulletproof" That is one of the reasons I have lobbied so hard to keep a good balance of brushed classes!

Added to say, even RC-Hydros have problems from time to time, just not nearly as often!

Dan regarding controllers, Dick Crowe gave a very good review of the castle creations controller, (as I mentioned above) I forgot the model, but I have to say for myself that I would need it to be bullet proof before I drop that amount of dosh, I think the whole brushless motor sounds unbelievable and worth the expense,with those kinda revs and low maintenance , I mean I am considering dropping 300+ on a plett for the 1/8th scale, and it will be a lot more maintenance and I am shooting for 22-24,000 rpm, if I knew I had a bulletproof controller the numbers wouldn't be that far apart for me to get a nice brushless system, but the thought of anything smoking in the shop besides me.... keeps me from giving it a go... btw did you catch the blip Andy K mentioned he may be coming out with a controller that would work for both types..... how big of a seller will that be!!!!!!! :)
Eddie,

Run what works man. You'll get differnt opinions from every guy you talk to. I like the Castles. I've dunked them while plugged in and they kept working like a champ. Mine have been carefree. As soon as I say that though someone is going to have a problem.

Ever blown a Kunz control or dropped a coil in a Hughey? I have, on several occasions. Bulletproof. Ya, right. BUT, Everything I've blown deserved to go. I wish more people would have the guts to say the same.

BTW, Castle aint gonna cut it in an 1/8th scale.

Dick

......The racing community is alot more than the people that you are talking about. The Nationals and the SAW's. It's the same ole thing. I just hope that Tom and Doug are above this same old stuff. Frankly I could care less about some healing at the NAT's. I have no intention of ever attending there ever unless it's in MI. It's the other site that started the division, not this one......
Oh come on Steve, Where's the warm and fuzzy, How about a dinner with you, me, Dan, Don and Fuller at the Nats in Florida this year. I'll pay.

the "RED FORUM" hehehe

like the red army.... you guys crack me up

hey did i mention while i was trying to fix things today i almost blew up the whole shooting match?

Hello Guys,

I don't know about everone else but I run FE because I love the challenge and the racing. I've never not had a good time at any of the races I've attended, win or lose it's always been fun. Although I would like to win I always remember to HAVE FUN FIRST!

My opinion some people take this way to seriously, it's a friggin hobby.

Paul.

Paul its also a niche business with only a few dealers controlling the retail market. Those dealers want exclusives to keep the prices as high as possible.

This isn't a bash on rrh or any others. Its smart business for the vendor, until someone undercuts them and the consumer figures out how much they were overpaying.

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

My opinion some people take this way to seriously, it's a friggin hobby.
You've got that right, Paul. Fun is what it is supposed to be about.

The one BIG problem with the "Red Forum" is that the board is now more about SELLING than fun.

I'll bet way over 50% of the frequent posters there are selling either a product or service or have one of the other angles on selling.

A newbie ventures in there for advice. Sometimes it is unbiased, good advice. Sometimes it reeks.

The are sellers there that are labelled as sellers.

There are sellers there that are unlabelled.

There are people shilling for manufacturers or distributors because they get bennies, or they are in the same club, or the sellers are scratching each other backs.

If the Red Board could clean up this sales problem and either separate the selling from the advising or make sure everyone with an angle is labelled as such, it would be in great shape.

Why is RRR waiting until they fried 40 ESC's to return them?

Wet Paint Racing-- Inquiring minds want to know
Ron, it is because of product being pushed on as many people, as fast as possible. That is how a business ends up with a pile of burned ESCs and untold numbers of sales that they cannot deliver on. But, hey, it not their fault. It is always the fault ot a vendor or the customer, or both. Just ask 'em.

Too many people with too many sales angles.

That is also why Eddie and Dan (both selling either product or service) come over here and blame the messengers instead of addressing the message itself.

They know it is true.

Tom, if you have to take on a sponsor for upkeep, then you have to. But, be sure there is distinct separation between the sponsor and the advice given here.

I don't want to see another fine site go to waste. :'(

KW

Don't forget NAMBA control.....
Have you ever even been to a NAMBA race, Steve??? You have know idea how it works, and no one but the members have control of NAMBA, just not enough of them get involved!

I disagree! 99.9% of the people of rrr give good advise. Biased or unbiased. There are enough unbiased people to correct things if the answers were wrong.

To be honest Kevin this board is starting to sound like an anti rrr board instead of a rc electric boating forum. RRR has its problems just like any other online community. But tell me were you have more fe experience and knowledge in one place?

Steven Vaccaro

Dan has never tried to sell me anything what is it that he sells. Eddieh I thought was a hobbiest selling some hardware that he makes. I agree too many people on the RRH site trying to sell you. If you know who is recommending too you, even if they sell the info can be unbiased. Chris Fine, Dick Crowe, Andrew Gilghrst to name a few.

Dan has never tried to sell me anything what is it that he sells.
He does vinyl boat graphics, but I don't think I have ever seen him push a product to anyone. Even if he did, his work is an A+ in my eyes, and would be well worth buying.

Steven Vaccaro

author=Kevin W Too many people with too many sales angles.

That is also why Eddie and Dan (both selling either product or service) come over here and blame the messengers instead of addressing the message itself.

They know it is true.
So tell me just what you know about my business, Kevin? Why don't you ask Doug Forrester just how much I charged him for doing graphics on two of the boats he built? I don't solicite my graphics, if someone asks, and I have the time I'll do them.

Both Eddie and I have given away more then we have ever or ever hope to sell. I also sponsored 3 classes at 3 different races this year, and did one graphic job as a charity for the Ken Cadmus raffle. That was out of maybe 3 or 4 boats I did all year. I loose more money then I make with the graphics "Business". At best, it helps offset what I spend on it.

Maybe you should spend more time talking about what you know rather then what you think you know! Get a clue before shooting your mouth off.

Hello Steven,

Paul its also a niche business with only a few dealers controlling the retail market.
Not really Steven, I think if you look around a bit there's allot of hardware and accessories to be had. Just look in different places, for example Lehner motors are available from several sources it's not just one. Also markup in the hobby industry sucks for the retailer, usually in the 30 to 40% area and that's nothing. On average a retailer should be able to at least keystone his investment. I'm lucky to be in the business of manufacturing and I know what this stuff costs. Hell I sat at a table with the guys from Gold Peak when I was in Hong Kong this year. Problem is everyone wants what the top dogs have and that isn't always the best stuff out there.

How many guys run Hughey hardware? I do, it's the only hardware I'll run on a rigger. How about Octura, also good stuff that I use.

So I guess it's the hype factor, we'll see how it all shakes out in the end.

Paul.

So tell me just what you know about my business, Kevin? Why don't you ask Doug Forrester just how much I charged him for doing graphics on two of the boats he built? I don't solicite my graphics, if someone asks, and I have the time I'll do them.

Both Eddie and I have given away more then we have ever or ever hope to sell. I also sponsored 3 classes at 3 different races this year, and did one graphic job as a charity for the Ken Cadmus raffle. That was out of maybe 3 or 4 boats I did all year. I loose more money then I make with the graphics "Business". At best, it helps offset what I spend on it.

Maybe you should spend more time talking about what you know rather then what you think you know! Get a clue before shooting your mouth off.

What does all of that have to do with the subject, Dan?

Way off subject.

If it is not your possible sales, why are you trying to claim that product pushing is not rampant on RRR?

You know it's a fact so, you try and put up some lame excuse like I'm just bitter and out to get 'em.

Try to keep on the subject.

KW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back