Interesting statement....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is easy to be critical

but there is are objective measures of integrity:

did u see the dealer keep promoting a product after they knew it was failing modelers?

does the dealer when giving advice tell modellers about the range of product available or just their own?

Hello Steven,

I'm lucky to be in the business of manufacturing and I know what this stuff costs. Hell I sat at a table with the guys from Gold Peak when I was in Hong Kong this year. Problem is everyone wants what the top dogs have and that isn't always the best stuff out there.

How many guys run Hughey hardware? I do, it's the only hardware I'll run on a rigger. How about Octura, also good stuff that I use.

So I guess it's the hype factor, we'll see how it all shakes out in the end.

Paul.
You got that right, there is just incredible hype going on.

Gotta have the new zebra cells! No wait!

Gotta have the new flat-top cells! Nevermind!

It's the Lehner motor you need! I was wrong, lehner motors now suck! It my new motor you need!

This new controller will handle 1,000 A (or one droplet of water, whichever comes first!)

You won't win diddly without my new hull!

Wait a minute you need my new,new hull!

I just can't see why everyone out there isn't scrambling to get in on the fun! Disorganization, confusing class structure, hype, limited opportunities to race, no beginner classes, it just doesn't get any better than this!

Hello Guys,

Gotta have the new zebra cells! No wait!Gotta have the new flat-top cells! Nevermind!

It's the Lehner motor you need! I was wrong, lehner motors now suck! It my new motor you need!

This new controller will handle 1,000 A (or one droplet of water, whichever comes first!)

You won't win diddly without my new hull!

Wait a minute you need my new,new hull!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! I can't argue that one Kevin. Uh-Oh it's OTS and shes gonna blow! ;D ;D ;D

I suspect it's a case of FE following the example set by RC car racing - marketing, ethics and hype from the Ernie Provetti/Trinity School of Business. ;D

Kevin from what I have read here you are the one saying that Dan and Eddith are pushing stuff on RRH which is not true. Yes there is alot of selling done on that site under the guise of advice so know who you are talking too. Not everyone giving advice over there is trying to sell you something, for example the people in my earlier post.

There are sellers there that are unlabelled.

That is also why Eddie and Dan (both selling either product or service) come over here and blame the messengers instead of addressing the message itself.

They know it is true.

I don't want to see another fine site go to waste. :'(

KW

Kevin for the Record I think you should take your thumb out of your a$$ because your choking your brain man, selling stuff??? I don't even post a link to a website..

anything I have made or sold has been asked for, want me to go down the list.. I have made stuff for folks who either couldn't find it, or couldn't afford it they all got parts for nothing, not even the priority mail , or materials, nada zipp because for one reason or another they have helped someone out in a similar way, no benefit to me at all, so what,I sposored 2 events at the cafe cup too, no chance I could go did you see a link or any mention of any products, please spare me your sophmoric sleuthing.... I don't do this for a living, I don't even make money at it I have never ever posted that I "Make stuff" my stuff is the best etc...I get no sponsorship whatsoever... I buy everything I run, you got your gripe about RRH that's fine, don't let it effect your obvious stellar judgement of people...

I apologize to the rest of the forum for wasting valuable cyberspace, I couldn't just not set the record straight...

eddie

Gentlemen : :)

This is getting a little too heavy on the personal attack front and I am speaking to everyone, here. If this continues I will lock 'er up faster than you can say "short circuit".

I suspect it's a case of FE following the example set by RC car racing - marketing, ethics and hype from the Ernie Provetti/Trinity School of Business. ;D
I never ran cars and missed out on all of that.

I have wondered if the "team" nonsense in NAMBA FE racing was a carry over from car racing?

Kevin from what I have read here you are the one saying that Dan and Eddith are pushing stuff on RRH which is not true. Yes there is alot of selling done on that site under the guise of advice so know who you are talking too. Not everyone giving advice over there is trying to sell you something, for example the people in my earlier post.
Actually I just questioned why they felt compelled to make some kind of defense of RRR by saying it is all some kind of grudge thing. Neither one goes around hawking their own goods, that is true. Maybe there are examples of them pushing other peoples products, maybe friends, club members, something on that order? More people there have angles than don't.

As far knowing who you are talking to, anyone who has been then much knows who they are. But, somebody who doesn't frequent the board won't know. Especially when they are being advised by club members, close friends, someone else with a close relationship to a supplier.

It is alright to talk up someone's product (say someone who run in your club) but, the fact that they're running in the same club should be mentioned. Just to keep everything on the up and up.

Actually, Kevin, Eddie and I were just defending the accusations and innuendoes YOU made about us! I challenge you to find a post on ANY forum that I made where I am "pushing" other peoples products that I don't use myself. Or have seen them in action and determined they are good products. Even when I may not care much for the dealer or manufacture of the product. I have never been given anything in this sport. I have traded services and in fact have given services with nothing in return.  

If it is not your possible sales, why are you trying to claim that product pushing is not rampant on RRR?
Where did I claim that, Kevin, show me??? Fact is, many of the people doing the "product pushing" are right here!

You know it's a fact so, you try and put up some lame excuse like I'm just bitter and out to get 'em.
Again, where did I say that, Kevin??? Stop putting words in my mouth. Innuendoes and accusations, that's all you have Kevin, back it up back it up with some fact.

The thing I like is that people can have a discussion here without being banned by the control freaks. Freedom of speech.

You can't get us banned here Dan, no NAMBA click is controlling this forum

Long Live Batavia!

Don't forget NAMBA control.....
Have you ever even been to a NAMBA race, Steve??? You have know idea how it works, and no one but the members have control of NAMBA, just not enough of them get involved!

Guys

We are about a mile off the original topic of this thread now and I don't think anything constructive or civil is being accomplished.

As far as the official policy of this board regarding its commercial use in promoting or selling products , let me post an example of an PM that I sent to several manufacturers shortly after the creation of this Electric Power Forum.

I just wanted to let you know that it is board policy to allow reputable dealers & manufacturers to post product information, press releases, photos or any other promotional material of interest to racers and forum readers. These can be posted on any of the forums or the For Sale forum.

This thread has run its course and has now come to a close. There are more important matters at hand in the future of this site. I invite you all to check out the thread named - Forum ideas...... in the General RC Boating Forum on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back