Insurance coverage racing in Europe? Does IMPBA or NAMBA cover you?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMPBA covers ONLY locations that are listed as site locations for IMPBA clubs. That being said I will bet there is a ZERO chance you are covered. You can ask Lynne at IMPBA for 100% sure, but I would be looking into this individual insurance thing...

Paul

Sanctioned by whom? The IMPBA may have some clubs there (District 21) but in Europe it may be NAVIGA so you'd have to join their body.

Hi Tyler. Ron Olson is in the right track. Find out who is sanctioning the event(s) in Europe and join their organization.
Stop it Randy. Don't tell Ron he is right we will never be able to live with him.

Kevin
default_smile.png

Sorry guys but I won't get all fat-headed about that.
default_biggrin.png

Andy Brown and Al Hobbs I know have raced in Europe so they'd know a lot more about how things are done there but the first thing I'd do is to see what sanctioning body they're using.

As you can see, tough crowd in here.

Thanks guys,

I spoke to Al Hobs, Al Waters and Lynne Rupley. Neither organization will have coverage for this event. It is a specialty SAW event. I am looking into third party insurance.

Tyler

Look into and Umbrella policy. I have one and it covers any occurance be it car, house or me driving a model boat. They don't cost much. It essentially doubles my car insurance for less than a quarter of increasing the specific car insurance by the same amount.

For Europe, we signed up Canada to IMBRA for this summers races. With that, we can enter 3 boats in each class. NAVIGA has a similar set up but it's much more expensive. The US is signed up to IMBRA as well through Al Hobbs. Although I have not checked specifically, I am assuming they have some sort of insurance for the competitors.

Look into and Umbrella policy. I have one and it covers any occurance be it car, house or me driving a model boat. They don't cost much. It essentially doubles my car insurance for less than a quarter of increasing the specific car insurance by the same amount.

For Europe, we signed up Canada to IMBRA for this summers races. With that, we can enter 3 boats in each class. NAVIGA has a similar set up but it's much more expensive. The US is signed up to IMBRA as well through Al Hobbs. Although I have not checked specifically, I am assuming they have some sort of insurance for the competitors.
IMBRA does not provide insurance. Al Hobbs or Andy Brown should know how it worked for them

Mike, see results below (taken from the IMBRA website). Tomorrow is the final qualifying day and Saturday are the finals:

H3,5 (21 rigger)

h3,5-1a.jpg

h3,5-2a.jpg

h3,5-3a.jpg

h3,5-4a.jpg

h3,5-5a.jpg

h3,5-6a.jpg

H7,5 (45 rigger)

h7,5-1a.jpg

h7,5-2a.jpg

h7,5-3a.jpg

h7,5-4a.jpg

h7,5-6a.jpg

h7,5-7a.jpg

H15 (90 rigger)

h15-1a.jpg

h15-2a.jpg

h15-3a.jpg

h15-4a.jpg

h15-5a.jpg

h15-6a.jpg

Oh man that is great! I have found the link that shows the results. Thanks!

It looks like my Dad was having trouble with his 7.5 hydro. I wonder what happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul,

Yes, I signed up for Instagram after you posted the information. Again, Thanks much! I was looking at the posted images this morning!

Ok good. Hopefully he can make it to the finals. I haven't been there yet, but tomorrow I'm going to watch the finals. Maybe I'll see him there with the rest of the us team.

Mike, just got back. Talked to your dad, he took a 4th and 2nd place in the first 2 heats of 21 rigger. Then I had to go home, so don't know how he did in the last two remaining heats.

Back