inline twin gas engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott williamson

Hi guys,im after a bit of advice on which inline gas engine to go for to put in a new scale hydro im about to start building,the hull is going to be around 62-65 inches and i was thinking that maybe the new rcmk was the way to go ,i heard some different opinions about these engines but havent seen one in a boat yet. Any advice is appreciated ,thanks Scott

If you are planning a Gas Scale Hydro. A few things first. NAMBA length limit is 60". The engine used for this class, as approved for D-8 is a max. of 31cc. Most competitve hulls will be using a mod 26 to 29.5. Visit our website at PNWTA.ORG to get the rules and info you will need for this class. If it is built to the specs listed the only hull over 60" is the Thriftway too. So you would have to reduce it's size by utilizing the +- 10% rule to bring it to 59.95".

Thanks guys,i al

If you are planning a Gas Scale Hydro. A few things first. NAMBA length limit is 60". The engine used for this class, as approved for D-8 is a max. of 31cc. Most competitve hulls will be using a mod 26 to 29.5. Visit our website at PNWTA.ORG to get the rules and info you will need for this class. If it is built to the specs listed the only hull over 60" is the Thriftway too. So you would have to reduce it's size by utilizing the +- 10% rule to bring it to 59.95".
thanks guys ,ive already built a couple of gas scale hydros which are within the specs for that class ,one of which i raced today,not in a gas scale hydro class,but against whiplash hulls etc in the open sports hydro class.The gas scale class doesnt really exist over here in Australia so thats what i have to run against. As for the twin i want to build ,there really isnt a class i can race it in,its only for my own entertainment and to give my wife something else to complain about. i may even go for two singles if i can offset them and fit them under the cowl.

Ron Buck just ran a thunderboat over 80 mph with a 30 cc engine. Ninty should be possible with a little more testing. There's lots of power in the single cylinder engines without some of the crankshaft twisting problems. I have no experience with the RCMK twin though..

Lohring Miller

Thanks guys,i al

thanks guys ,ive already built a couple of gas scale hydros which are within the specs for that class ,one of which i raced today,not in a gas scale hydro class,but against whiplash hulls etc in the open sports hydro class.The gas scale class doesnt really exist over here in Australia so thats what i have to run against. As for the twin i want to build ,there really isnt a class i can race it in,its only for my own entertainment and to give my wife something else to complain about. i may even go for two singles if i can offset them and fit them under the cowl.
What better reason than this "there really isnt a class i can race it in,its only for my own entertainment" Is there for building a boat.

Don't know what brand his engine is, or what kind of problems he's had, getting where he's at.. But David Showers Sr. has a smokin inline twin rigger

Thanks guys,i al

What better reason than this "there really isnt a class i can race it in,its only for my own entertainment" Is there for building a boat.

Don't know what brand his engine is, or what kind of problems he's had, getting where he's at.. But David Showers Sr. has a smokin inline twin rigger
The newer inline motors are not having any issues that I know of. With twin inline like anything else you CAN NOT just bolt it in and expect everything to problem free...It would be better to have somebody take it apart and inspect(burrs,tolerances,etc) If have any questions you can call David Showers@1-904-460-2961 He would gladly answer any questions you might have.

Thanks guys,i al

The newer inline motors are not having any issues that I know of. With twin inline like anything else you CAN NOT just bolt it in and expect everything to problem free...It would be better to have somebody take it apart and inspect(burrs,tolerances,etc) If have any questions you can call David Showers@1-904-460-2961 He would gladly answer any questions you might have.
Stan they were having press fit issues on the crank pins and counterweights just this year

another fine aussie unlimeted in the build should be good when it hits the water, where do you find the time scott your a busy boy lol

Latest posts

Back