Info needed on O.S. XM piston & sleeve.water cooled.version

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propwash

A while back some one on this forum was converting I belive an os rz sleeve -- brass , hard crome sleeve and all the timming numbers to fit the xm outboard motor. Is this person still around and doing this and how much ? You would think for the money they charge for the eng it would have a better p&s in it . Thank you in advance for all of your replys. Geoff Overell

Hello Greg , thank you for the information. I sent him a PM , but have not had a reply back yet . It's been a couple of days.

Thanks Tim, the season over here in eastern Canada is pretty well over with. The outboard is not mine, it's a friend of a friend who asked me to look at it for him and give him an estimate on how much to fix it. Bearings -- no after run oil---light rust on crank & bad main bearing , little pieces of metal in head button, and a little to lean on the needle ---- lots of scoring on p&s , exhaust side. No filter between tank and carb, crap in the needle. he doesn't belong to a club, and runs it at his cottage with his buddy. He wasn't getting much help from the LHS for proper maintenance and settings on the needle.

Sometimes I read my PM's and think "I will reply to that in a minute" then forget about it LOL

Sorry.

Now, I am not planning on doing a run (as in supply and machine) but I can machine them if you need help?

Cheers

Kris

Thanks Tim, the season over here in eastern Canada is pretty well over with. The outboard is not mine, it's a friend of a friend who asked me to look at it for him and give him an estimate on how much to fix it. Bearings -- no after run oil---light rust on crank & bad main bearing , little pieces of metal in head button, and a little to lean on the needle ---- lots of scoring on p&s , exhaust side. No filter between tank and carb, crap in the needle. he doesn't belong to a club, and runs it at his cottage with his buddy. He wasn't getting much help from the LHS for proper maintenance and settings on the needle.
WOW, that motor is about toast.

Bearings

- Front $15.50

- Main $42.00

Crank (rust) remove with and rust remover solvent.

P/S $98.00

Head lightly smooth of if not bad, if so $52.00

Clean the Needel and carb good.

Total $207.50

I would sell the lower for $100 and put it tword a new motor myself, or look for a good used powerhead.

TL

Thanks Kris, bearings are not the problem, it's getting a better p&s for the eng. Can you give me a price on a rg p&s with the machining involved so it can be used in the xm please. I live near Toronto Canada.If you don't want to post it here you can pm me on the details of the cost. Thank you Geoff Overell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back