IMPBA Internats 2007

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you aware that the 1st round of the (KING SPEED) aquacraft boats tested all over 95 DB. These boats were a Non Event class But they are considered a A hydro. After the 1st round of these boats competing the Db meters were then swept UP each time so no one could view this. Were we saving the lake @ that time? Or Just Allowing a Mfger to to promote his product on IMPBA`s dime & violate the Same DB rule that had Gotten Paying IMPBA Members DQ`ed eariler in the week. Is this fair to a paying IMPBA Member? IMPBA accomplished nothing by hiring a bunch of 6ft dudes to blast around over the Db limit. It would have been better to have several kids racing & gave the boats away after the event.

ENOUGH!!! This thread is NOT to debate the dB rule!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Don Remain Open..... & Read

Last edited by a moderator:
I will contact a few of you about the db thing out side this thread.

Lets get this one back on track.

Brian

ENOUGH!!! This thread is NOT to debate the dB rule!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Joe i will reply for Steve P since i was the c/d. At the May race we did not have someone man the meter we just checked when someone seemed loud. I feel this is the norm at most events,but when you are racing at the nats ALL RULES SHOULD BE IN PLACE. There are many flawed rules but rules are rules. As a body of members we need to work together for change and quit crying the sky is falling...........Back to the question at hand the 2007 nats...........Mike

I'm new to the RC boat club thing so bear with me. What costs are involved with a club hosting such an event? Or what keeps clubs from wanting to host such an event?

If the costs are the big issue would their be a way for the IMPBA to help with the costs?

The best information can be had from John Equi at the IMPBA office. He is "Rules" on this forum.

Actually most clubs make money on the event it is a lot of work though.

Brian

Come on guys, talk to your club members and see if can be done, the quicker this gets on the roll, the easier it will be for everyone.

I would host them at my place but my bath tub only holds so much water..... and right now its the only body of water that I have permission to run in!

~James

330T,

If it is well thought, planned and the hosting club has enough members volunteer to help, the club will actually make a profit. It's not a get rich thing, just profits to better the pond, retrieve boat, or maybe a motor. It is a lot of work and the members get stressed out a bit, but they give so others may enjoy.

Charlie.............

Actually with careful planning & a little legwork like finding the best rates on trophies, T shirts for resale etc., the host club stands to make a good bit of $$ holding the Internats. Yes it's alot of work (been there, done that) BUT it can be very rewarding if the effort is put forth & it's well thought out prior to the event. It all comes down to one simple thing- if your approach is half assed that is what your results will be. ;)

I have been mulling over the idea of asking the guys in Valdosta Georgia along with myself and hopefully the panhandle boys ie Glover and the Timmons boys to see if they want to put a group together and host the Nats. I have not been to the Valdosta pond to see if it is large enough but I will call em and see what they say.

Ron "I really missed not being in EVille this year" Byrd

But that job is history and now maybe I can get back to my normal routine! Biggest mistake I ever made was leaving my old employer, but they hired me back.

Ron
Getting back on track Valdosta is a great idea. The lake is plenty big and protected from the wind fairly well. It's directly off the highway and most off the Georgia guys would be willing to help. I'm not sure who the president of the club is now. Last time I was there Glenn Quarles and Jason were the one's running the show.

~Mitch

Getting back on track Valdosta is a great idea. The lake is plenty big and protected from the wind fairly well. It's directly off the highway and most off the Georgia guys would be willing to help. I'm not sure who the president of the club is now. Last time I was there Glenn Quarles and Jason were the one's running the show.

~Mitch
I would come down for that one! B)

330T,If it is well thought, planned and the hosting club has enough members volunteer to help, the club will actually make a profit. It's not a get rich thing, just profits to better the pond, retrieve boat, or maybe a motor. It is a lot of work and the members get stressed out a bit, but they give so others may enjoy.

Charlie.............
aah i get that. I use to orginise LAN parties (computer gamming parties) for about 150 people. It can be a real pain if people that should be working with you dont pull their load.

330T,If it is well thought, planned and the hosting club has enough members volunteer to help, the club will actually make a profit. It's not a get rich thing, just profits to better the pond, retrieve boat, or maybe a motor. It is a lot of work and the members get stressed out a bit, but they give so others may enjoy.

Charlie.............
aah i get that. I use to orginise LAN parties (computer gamming parties) for about 150 people. It can be a real pain if people that should be working with you dont pull their load.
It takes at least a dozen people in place all week workin hard and not having much fun. IMPBA gives you 3k and you pay 2k back when its done. A lot of money moves around some 10k in our case. Then it takes months of prep around 8,i did almost all the prep for the06 nats and it got tough near the end. All in all its a good deal for a club that has the man power to do it

It's the amount of work and time from your main work and family that hampers putting on the Internats. Money usually is not a problem. IMPBA does front up to $3,000 for the Internats with $2,000 being returned to the IMPBA after the event.

I'm new to the RC boat club thing so bear with me. What costs are involved with a club hosting such an event? Or what keeps clubs from wanting to host such an event?

If the costs are the big issue would their be a way for the IMPBA to help with the costs?

In 98 and 99 almost 4 to 5 grand was made for each of those years. For the 2004 and 2005 it was about the same. That is not chump change but it is allot of work. I have been involved with the 93 nats in STL 98 , 99 in Huntsville and also involved in the 2004 and 2005 but not quite as much as before. Also hosted the 1st Gas Nats in 2000 at Huntsville, small turn out but it was the first one ever.

It's the amount of work and time from your main work and family that hampers putting on the Internats. Money usually is not a problem. IMPBA does front up to $3,000 for the Internats with $2,000 being returned to the IMPBA after the event.

I have been mulling over the idea of asking the guys in Valdosta Georgia along with myself and hopefully the panhandle boys ie Glover and the Timmons boys to see if they want to put a group together and host the Nats. I have not been to the Valdosta pond to see if it is large enough but I will call em and see what they say.

Ron "I really missed not being in EVille this year" Byrd

But that job is history and now maybe I can get back to my normal routine! Biggest mistake I ever made was leaving my old employer, but they hired me back.

Ron
I believe it will be very tough to get anyone to step up and host 2007 until the recent problem at this years race is solved.

Its very sad to see this kind of flame war going on amoung fellow boaters/friends and it can only hurt the hobby.

Last edited:
Ron This is true. It is time for the Current President to show his leadership & Resolve this matter NOW....... or the racing in IMPBA for the rest of 2006 will suffer.

Ron

I believe it will be very tough to get anyone to step up and host 2007 until the recent problem at this years race is solved.

Its very sad to see this kind of flame war going on amoung fellow boaters/friends and it can only hurt the hobby.

[/quote

IM sure if a club want to hold a Internats it will go OK. So just quit fanning the Flamers they might go out

Okay Joe as the "leader you come up with a viable solutioon to the noise problem a way to enforce the rule that was voted and approved on by the members. You are part of the comittee right what is your solution besides "stating do away with the rule", that is NOT a solution?

Okay Joe as the "leader you come up with a viable solutioon to the noise problem a way to enforce the rule that was voted and approved on by the members. You are part of the comittee right what is your solution besides "stating do away with the rule", that is NOT a solution?
Bill I will be working thru Mark Bullard, there will be a resolution. testing will began very soon.... But for the remainder of the season we need to go back to the original 95 Db rule & ALL boats Must have a muffling device. If Not...... the rest of the 2006 racing season will Fail. I just cancelled my Entry for 2006 Atlanta Fall Race. Your the pres....... (Your Da man). Don`t set around & think this is going to fix itself........ Are your hands tied because the b BOD is Over ran with Small engine boaters ?

Back