IMPBA Internats 2007

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Has there been any talk of where the 2007 Internats will be?

Have any clubs put in bids for the race yet?

~James

I have been mulling over the idea of asking the guys in Valdosta Georgia along with myself and hopefully the panhandle boys ie Glover and the Timmons boys to see if they want to put a group together and host the Nats. I have not been to the Valdosta pond to see if it is large enough but I will call em and see what they say.

Ron "I really missed not being in EVille this year" Byrd

But that job is history and now maybe I can get back to my normal routine! Biggest mistake I ever made was leaving my old employer, but they hired me back.

Ron

Last edited:
Ron your Rubber Muffler would Not have been legal...... A lot of pissed off boaters, A lot of bad feelings, No fun @ Evansville Nats in 2006. Many left early, others left mad, DB meters & operators were Incorrect all week.... Jerry crowther has raced NAMBA for years Had a lot of problems meeting DB, John Brown & company started the muffer delima had problems meeting DB`s. You would have been WACKED early...

Ron your Rubber Muffler would Not have been legal...... A lot of pissed off boaters, A lot of bad feelings, No fun @ Evansville Nats in 2006. Many left early, others left mad, DB meters & operators were Incorrect all week.... Jerry crowther has raced NAMBA for years Had a lot of problems meeting DB, John Brown & company started the muffer delima had problems meeting DB`s. You would have been WACKED early...
Rubber muffler or not all my boats meet DB :p . The rubber muffler is gone now though having been replaced by a sweet lil quite pipe that gave me some more speed.............

Of course on a lake surrounded by hotels it must be like an echo chamber and some consideration should have been given for that.

I have seen your boat run & Watch Rods DQed boat run You would Not have made it. Jerry drew a warning even on his 20 mono with a NAMBA quite pipe. This is not to say your were Dbed correctly ?? But the way they were measuring on that day, would have caused you a problem. Either way there was a lot of pissed off people leaving the nats.... Not Good. You missed nothing.....

Phil, Maybe you dont care? the DB deal was a Hoax. A few selected people should have just threw their penis on the table on Sun morn am and got it over with...... I have been racing for 7 years & been to a lot of places racing & have never seen anything like it... We complied but their were several error`s made in the testing...... You cannot vote to DQ a person or persons that was tested Incorrectly..... calibrating a $50 DB meter is a Joke. It Starts life as a piece of JUNK $50 meter & Never changes no matter how many times it is recalibrated. Still JUNK....... Most of us boaters pay more for 1 prop than the Whole club pays for a Junk Meter used to DQ a fellow boater..... it would be interesting to see if the mfger believes it can be used in the manner we are currently using it & be any where near accurate.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Its poeple with attitudes like yours that make it hard to find clubs to host the Nats.

When a club works hard to put on a good race using the rules voted in by the IMPBA menbership and gets trashed for it sure does not make them want to do it agian.

If you want to start a new post about the noise issue go ahead but lets return this one back to the topic at hand who is going to host the 2007 nats

I was at the nat's this year and had a great time and I was actually involved somewhat in the noise issue. I would ask that you rethink what you are saying as it is not how it went down. No one was singled out, and the testing was done according to the rules book. At least as far as the testing I was involved in. I think you are making this a bigger issue than it really was as Phil stated.

I personally had a great time (even though my heat racing was a tragedy) and the club there did a great job putting on the race. Joe if you wish call me and we can talk about your isssues. I can be contacted through this forum or from information on the IMPBA web site.

I do agree with you on the $50.00 (although I have done some calibration and testing with one) not being of the best quality but if properly calibrated it will stay that way for a long time. I would recomend after the non scientific testing I did the meters be calibrated once a year. Personally for testing my boats I purchased a much more expensive model.

I am always open to discussion on this topic

Now lets let this topic get back to its discussion

Brian Nelsen

National Safety Director for the IMPBA

Brian are you saying that your club found no problems with the way you were testing in the board meeting held friday nite of the event? I stood @ the meters several times Sun, Mon, Tues. I know the readings & where they were taken. Evansville Host club is a great bunch of people. I respect them all & stood at a standing ovation for the club @ the banquet.( unlike several others) But the testing procedures, Meters, angles, were Questionable & It did result in some being DQed. Also while we are on the subject . You being Safety director Are you aware that there was NO Meters present @ the IMPBA Gas Nats. How many DB descrepancies were @ the gas Nats. They are **** sure louder than any 60-80 Nitro boat.

Joe

Yes I had information that there where no meters at the Gas Nat's. No I was not at the event.

Joe the reading I took at the internats where by the book, and there where a couple that where over the limit when I tested. There were more boats that where over if you took your reading at the wrong spot on the course. I agree we need to work on the rules as far as testing criteria and I believe we will have a beter testing method sometime in the near future. I am also involved in Motocross racing and the testing is done at every race. I have passed and I have failed but I had to live with it to race so I did.

Anyway lets get this tread back on track. And I would love to talk with you further on this issue. Please feel free to contact me.

Brian Nelsen

Joe Its poeple with attitudes like yours that make it hard to find clubs to host the Nats.

When a club works hard to put on a good race using the rules voted in by the IMPBA menbership and gets trashed for it sure does not make them want to do it agian.

If you want to start a new post about the noise issue go ahead but lets return this one back to the topic at hand who is going to host the 2007 nats
Steve P. Congrats on being a member of the E-ville Club. CAN you answer 1 question for me.Why would your Club hold a race May 6-7 2006 (test & tune for the nats) with a lot of Good competition & NO DB descrepancies..... Then 5 weeks later June 16-17 invite the same boaters to run the 2006 Nats on the same property & Bust these same boats that raced 5 weeks prior for a boat that is TOO LOUD. This happened to many.....

Joe

Yes I had information that there where no meters at the Gas Nat's. No I was not at the event.

Joe the reading I took at the internats where by the book, and there where a couple that where over the limit when I tested. There were more boats that where over if you took your reading at the wrong spot on the course. I agree we need to work on the rules as far as testing criteria and I believe we will have a beter testing method sometime in the near future. I am also involved in Motocross racing and the testing is done at every race. I have passed and I have failed but I had to live with it to race so I did.

Anyway lets get this tread back on track. And I would love to talk with you further on this issue. Please feel free to contact me.

Brian Nelsen
Brian are we protecting the lakes or the boaters with the DB meters?

Joe

I my opinion the DB rule is to protect the lakes from those that would not want to be bothered with Noise. On a personal level I like the rule from a protecting the people from the noise stand point. Personally I do not like to wear hearing protection in the pits because I like to make sure I hear all the goes on around me. I have to where hearing protection in the hots pits but I do not like it. I remove the protection when I get to the drivers stand to race.

Again the intent of the rule was to protect the water.

Brian Nelsen

The present rule fails at both legitimate intended functions, preserve race sites, and protect hearing.

Latest posts

Back