IMPBA gets it's first 100 mph FE record!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Hey guys at about 0730 this morning Chris Harris set the P hydro record at 103+ mph. He later ran an 106+ pass with no back up and then ran a 105+ pass again without the ever so hard to get back up. I'm sure more details will pop up later...I just wanted to get the word out.

GREAT JOB CHRIS!

Glenn

Way to go Chris! That one's been eluding all of us for a while now. Nothing like being the first, congrats man.

Way to go Chris ;) You deserve that one bud. You chased it long and hard. Im glad you got it. :D

Glen

thanks for your reply

I guess the best thing to ask for now would be a results sheet or a site where we can get an event report

Always interested in the outcomes across the board. It is all education.

BTW are we going to see you run an electric rigger? maybe a 4S size?

The interview you did for IWW some years back is still very pertinent.

Valdosta SAWs results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

There were 12 records set in Valdosta.

P-Tunnel

Mike Martin 3.145 secs. 71.542mph Fastest Pass 71.724mph

Q-Tunnel

Mike Martin 3.045 secs. 73.891mph Fastest Pass 73.915mph

N-2 Sport Hydro

Paul Pachmayer 2.903 secs. 77.506mph Fastest Pass 80.440mph

S-Sport Hydro

Paul Pachmayer 2.669 secs. 84.301mph Fastest Pass 84.580mph

S-Hydro

Paul Pachmayer 2.610 secs. 86.206mph Fastest Pass 88.932mph

P-Mono

Ken Haines 3.427 secs. 65.655mph Fastest Pass 65.847mph

O-1 Sport Hydro

Bill "Wilmer" Oxidean 6.491 secs. 34.663mph Fastest Pass 35.839mph

N-1 Sport Hydro

Casey Smock 8.044 secs. 27.071 mph Fastest Pass 29.465mph

N-2 Mono

Casey Smock 3.688 secs. 61.000 mph Fastest Pass 60.041mph

N-1 Hydro

Chris Harris 6.280 secs. 35.828 mph Fastest Pass 37.394mph

N-2 Hydro

Chris Harris 2.752 secs. 81.758 mph Fastest Pass 83.736mph

P-Hydro

Chris Harris 2.184 secs. 103.021 mph Fastest Pass 106.182mph

Hope this info helps, Ken

Thank You, From: "The Wave Blasters of Florida"

I speak for our Wave Blasters of Florida Club, when I say thanks to everyone for putting on such a fun weekend at this year’s September Valdosta SAWS.

First a big thanks to Chris Harris for running such a great event. Also Congratulations on your new records, notably the first IMPBA record of over 100 MPH! Great Job!!

Thanks to Jason O’Brien for helping with the timing equipment, and for your terrific cooking as always.

Thanks to the Sponsor Steve Vaccarro @ Offshore electrics for providing funds and prizes to help make this event possible.

Thanks to Paul Pachmeyer for his endless patience and help with our club racers trying to set some new records. Our club is still very new in this sport less than 1 ½ years old, and Paul’s help with our club members has been invaluable.

Thanks to some great competitors & true gentlemen SAWS racers: Doug Smock,

Reed Eagle, Chris Harris, John Mclure, Paul Pachmeyer, Casey Smock, Herb Stewart,

Wilmer Oxidean, Mason Harris, Mike Whitley, & Jim Slaughter.

Also many compliments to my fellow Wave Blasters who competed so well regardless of whether or not they set any records. Ron Desmond, Bill Tripp, & Tim Grant.

Thanks to our other club members, Bob Evans, & Matt Webb for going to the event and helping out wherever needed.

Congratulations to Mike Martin, Paul Pachmeyer, Casey Smock, Wilmer Oxidean, & Chris Harris for your new record setting runs.

Above all thanks to everyone for the friendly atmosphere and camaraderie that makes this event stand out as a really great SAWS.

I’ll also have to mention its now a week after the event and there has been little to no negative things said on this site about other Valdosta SAWS competitors. Thanks Doug Smock for helping promote this type thread.

Sincerely, Ken Haines and all the Wave Blasters of Florida

Glen
thanks for your reply

I guess the best thing to ask for now would be a results sheet or a site where we can get an event report

Always interested in the outcomes across the board. It is all education.

BTW are we going to see you run an electric rigger? maybe a 4S size?

The interview you did for IWW some years back is still very pertinent.
Andrewg, you're welcome. Yeah I am looking forward to getting into some FE SAW stuff! I don't like to get started with new projects until I have the time and resources to do it right and with my new job I don't have time to give 100% right now.

60,000 RPM, 100 mph...Yeah baby!!!

Glenn

Congrats to all the new record holders, I can smell the hott motors all the way up here in INDIANA. Well maybe its my soldering iron.....Mike Schindler IMPBA Tech Chairman

Back