IMPBA "F" class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toy boat racing seems to have something for everyone, for those that like to argue small details, there's plenty of that, and for those that like to race, there's even a little of that. Displacement should be the only rule, but then what would the nit-pickers do?
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_biggrin.png

YA that's it ,a safety issue.

Cut me a break.

So lets talk about insurance next.

More like a stuck in the past and don't want change.

GAS verses Nitro is more like it, divide the hobby even more, why not. has worked good till this point.

I think the weight limit will keep it all in line.

So a 140mph saw boat is less dangerous than a 100mph heat racing boat?

Lets start splitting hairs this will do the hobby lots of good.

There are lower cost alternatives coming on the market now that will facilitate the use of nitro with spark ignition.

I know lets come up with a ballistics chart. weight verses speed. If you go over the max force you cant run the boat.
default_rolleyes.gif
Curious.......

You're bitching about IMPBA rules yet it seems the last time your name showed up on an IMPBA membership roster was 2012. So why aren't you pounding as hard on the NAMBA powers that be for the same changes to the X class especially you being in a NAMBA heavy area...................

A. ENGINE CLASSIFICATION

1. Internal combustion glow engines:

Class Displacement

1/2 A 0 - 2.115 cc (0 - 0.129 cu.in.)

A 2.116 - 3.509 cc (0.130 - 0.214 cu. in.)

B 3.51 - 7.509 cc (0.215 - 0.458 cu. in.)

C 7.51 - 11.009 cc (0.459 - 0.671 cu. in.)

X 11.01 – 35.000 cc (0.672 – 2.136 cu. in.)

2. Internal combustion spark engines - see Section 27

3. Electric Motors – see Section 28

David, please shine some light on this new Spark ignition deal for Nitro Engines
default_smile.png
Maybe start another thread elsewhere IR this subject? Curious to know.

Norm not going to bother a waste of my time.

If I can't race it I will not build it.

Don it dose not mater the organization it is the point that matters.

This is like playing chess with a pigeon.

It will knock all the pieces over and crap on the board. Then strut around like it is victorious.

Sorry I am not politically correct.

Have no need for it.

Like most just want to have fun running

my toy boat.

David, please shine some light on this new Spark ignition deal for Nitro Engines
default_smile.png
Maybe start another thread elsewhere IR this subject? Curious to know.
There is no duobt that lots of full size race engines run Spark Ignition with Methanol or Nitro/methanol mix. The tech info is out there. Just search!

Maybe we could have a "Sparky and Nitro" race at Norm's and Marty's lake?
default_smile.png

BTW- It would be SAFER! Gasoline is much more of a fire hazard!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not read all of this and maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but as far as safety. There is no way I would want to go out and pick up a dead spark Ign. boat with the cyl. full of nitro. If it is ready to fire and is moved just right you have a face full of motor.

Toy boat racing seems to have something for everyone, for those that like to argue small details, there's plenty of that, and for those that like to race, there's even a little of that. Displacement should be the only rule, but then what would the nit-pickers do?
I'd don't think I've read truer words on an R/C boat web site.
default_wink.png

\m/

You know the new Tiger King eng is the perfect jumping off point for a spark eng on nitro.

A WT-499 and some 10% would do nicely for any one to do cheep.

less than $500 and off you go. Easy to do port work and button work. Pistons are cheep enough to burn up in testing more nitro.

Would be a whole different world for model boating. programmable spark systems already in place at a good price point.

Best of all no glow plugs to burn up. 7 glow plugs will buy a new piston.

Just think about the possibility's.

Don't need gobs of nitro to make good power with CID

No more enslavement to the fit and new high $ P/L sets.

The cross over would bring many on the same page.

If you ask me this is the future of RC boating.

The Gas guys are already fighting over this new eng as it will change things that many thought thy had all tied up.

So bring out the stones and clubs I am ready. UUUUG

Yes I agree there are many pieces of info on sparky engines on fuel..
default_smile.png
Be nice to map the timing curve
default_smile.png
Once we start making power we have to start getting stronger parts. I am thinking very similar to what the AA/Fuel guys did years ago.
default_smile.png

Sounds like we could be off on an exciting new journey!
default_smile.png

Ian started a new thread on "Sparky & Nitro" !
default_smile.png

I think we should let Andy run with it, what would be lost? If he runs too good we could always cut off a finger or something.

OK so here we are.

Now what?

Do we just sit around playing keyboard chess?

How do we move forward to what could be the future of RC boating?

I have not read all of this and maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but as far as safety. There is no way I would want to go out and pick up a dead spark Ign. boat with the cyl. full of nitro. If it is ready to fire and is moved just right you have a face full of motor.
Don't worry Mike we'll just require all retrieve boat drivers to add a small degree of protective gear.
default_tongue.png

Don't worry Mike we'll just require all retrieve boat drivers to add a small degree of protective gear.
default_tongue.png
I do wonder. Does the IMPBA rules require a Fire extinguisher in the pick up boat?....especially for gas and electric. Never know when those Lipos may burst into flames.

I have spent more time in a retrieve boat than most!

What dose this have to do with any thing.

AND yes we have a fire ex in are two boats.

GET A GRIP pigeon.

GET A GRIP pigeon.
Name calling now eh? Whazzamatter, your panties getting all wadded up?
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

GET A GRIP pigeon.
Name calling now eh? Whazzamatter, your panties getting all wadded up?
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
Any chance my valid question is worth a response Don?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back