IMPBA District-2 Schedule ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D2 Racers, I received word yesterday that Sumpter Township has decided that they no longer wish to host R/C boat races on the Sherwood Park pond. The Sumpter Township Sherwood park pond has been the site of both the Oakland Wolverine Model Boat Clubs "Mini Gold Cup" and the Ford Model Boat clubs "Power Stroke Classic" for the last 4 years. At this time I'm not aware if the OWMBC will try to reschedule the Mini Gold Cup at another site or if they will cancel that race for 2009. The FMBC Power Stroke Classic race that was tentatively scheduled for June 6th and 7th 2009 is cancelled. The FMBC will be looking at alternative sites and hope to host a race at another location possibly in July. I will post more details when they become available. Josh-

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly a Bummer! This was a great place to race.

I am curious what the district 2 racers would think of racing again on Belle Isle? I know it has been mentioned by a few people lately.

How many would attend a race on Belle Isle? Let's hear it!

I do hope the OWMBC can reschedule the Mini Gold Cup...after all it's the longest running R/C race around!

Truly a Bummer! This was a great place to race.I am curious what the district 2 racers would think of racing again on Belle Isle? I know it has been mentioned by a few people lately.

I do hope the OWMBC can reschedule the Mini Gold Cup...after all it's the longest running R/C race around!
Just like the Sumpter site, maybe it could be a combined effort with Tony's Tilbury race. Just a thought...

Ron

Truly a Bummer! This was a great place to race.I am curious what the district 2 racers would think of racing again on Belle Isle? I know it has been mentioned by a few people lately.

OWMBC is in process of trying to figure out where and when we can hold the race now. The Mini Gold Cup name will still live as we will name the fall race that if we cannot get another site this year. This will be the 42nd year that it has run. Belle Isle has been mentioned. It would be nice to hear some feedback from other boaters about a possible June race date there. We stopped running at Belle Isle due to attendance being down at the site and we want to know that people will show up if we go through the trouble of setting this place up for a race again. I have heard that there have been a lot of guys out there testing in the last year and that it is becoming a good place to run again.

Hey Dan, if you are getting back into boats, why don't you come to our February meeting and get involved with turning this into a race site again. We can use all of the help we can get.

OWMBC is in process of trying to figure out where and when we can hold the race now. The Mini Gold Cup name will still live as we will name the fall race that if we cannot get another site this year. This will be the 42nd year that it has run. Belle Isle has been mentioned. It would be nice to hear some feedback from other boaters about a possible June race date there. We stopped running at Belle Isle due to attendance being down at the site and we want to know that people will show up if we go through the trouble of setting this place up for a race again. I have heard that there have been a lot of guys out there testing in the last year and that it is becoming a good place to run again.
Hey Dan, if you are getting back into boats, why don't you come to our February meeting and get involved with turning this into a race site again. We can use all of the help we can get.
It's good to know that the "Mini Gold Cup" will live on no matter what.

I'm not sure about racing this year,but, I do plan on being at the meeting in February Mike. Thanks for the invite.

I'm just not sure there is much interest in racing on Belle Isle again. That is exactly why I was looking for feedback also. I also posted the same question over on the dock.

We need to hear from the racers on this topic! Do we want a race on Belle Isle again??

C-mon D-2 let's hear your thoughts!

Is the Date for the Dayton race still up in the air?
Doug,

The race is tentative for Saturday 5-16. I got this reply from the Dayton president

"it will be on Saturday the 16th of May , one day only , i will put up entry form on our site as soon as my cd reviews for any changes."

thanks

Dennis

Take care,

Dan

Is the Date for the Dayton race still up in the air?
Doug,

The race is tentative for Saturday 5-16. I got this reply from the Dayton president

"it will be on Saturday the 16th of May , one day only , i will put up entry form on our site as soon as my cd reviews for any changes."

thanks

Dennis

Take care,

Dan

Great on the May 16 date. :D I am glad to here they moved back a little. The first week of May has not been good for Dayton the last couple of years! Thanks Doug

I don't mind racing on Belle Isle. It's always been a fun race. The Transom Twisters are still trying to work things out with GM to have our race there on August 8th & 9th.

I don't mind racing on Belle Isle. It's always been a fun race. The Transom Twisters are still trying to work things out with GM to have our race there on August 8th & 9th.
Thanks for the input guys...we need more!

So we might lose another local race?? Hope you guys can work it out Karl...lookin kind of rough for Michigan water in D-2.

The Northern Lights club would be more then happy to host a race at the Tames Valley (London) site on June 6,7

Of course I would like to hear from Mike and Kevin on this one asap. Please email me, Randall

The London pond can be made available to any club that needs a good site to host a race. We've done it in the past for a Michigan club and continue to help Randall and his Northern Lights club as well as the fast electric race in September.

Kevin posted this over at Jim's:

Re: D-2 IMPBA Race Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday May 2, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Sunday May 3, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Saturday May 9, 2009

Sunday May 10, 2009 ****Mothers Day****

Saturday May 16, 2008 Dayton Model Boat Club Dayton, Ohio

Sunday May 17, 2009

Saturday May 23, 2009 Memorial Weekend

Sunday May 24, 2009 Memorial Weekend

Saturday May 30, 2009

Saturday May 31, 2009

Saturday June 6, 2009 Northern Lights London, Ontario

Sunday June 7, 2009 Northern Lights London, Ontario

Saturday June 13, 2009 Driftwood Model Boat Club Celina Ohio

Sunday June 14, 2009 Driftwood Model Boat Club Celina Ohio

Saturday June 20, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club London, Ontario

Sunday June 21, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club London, Ontario

Saturday June 27, 2009

IMPBA D2 2009 Schedule

Sunday June 28, 2009 Saginaw Model Boat Club Saginaw, MI

Saturday July 4, 2009 **** Independence Day****

Sunday July 5, 2009

Saturday July 11,2009

Sunday July 12, 2009

Saturday July 18, 2008

Sunday July 19, 2009

Saturday July 25, 2009 Internats

Sunday July 26, 2009 Internats

Saturday August 1, 2009 Internats

Sunday August 2, 2009

Saturday August 8, 2009 Transom Twisters Tech Center ****Tentatively****

Sunday August 9, 2009 Transom Twisters Tech Center ****Tentatively****

Saturday August 15, 2009 Cleveland Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Sunday August 16, 2009 Cleveland Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Saturday August 22, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club **Northern Nats** London, Ontario

Sunday August 23, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club **Northern Nats** London, Ontario

Saturday August 29, 2009

Sunday August 30, 2009

Saturday September 5, 2009

Sunday September 6, 2009

Saturday September 12, 2009

Sunday September 13, 2009

Saturday September 19, 2009 Performance Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Sunday September 20, 2009 Performance Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Saturday September 26, 2009

Sunday September 27, 2009 Oakland Wolverine Model Boat Club Spencer Park

Saturday October 3, 2009

Sunday October 4, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Saturday October 10, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Sunday October 11, 2009

Saturday October 17, 2009

Sunday October 18, 2009

Saturday October 24, 2009

Sunday October 25, 2009

This is close but not complete. OWMBC and FMBC are still working on their races.

Kevin

ps: FAST fall date should be Oct 3-4.

Last edited by a moderator:
This the NEWEST D2 Schedule

IMPBA D2 2009 Schedule

Saturday May 3, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Sunday May 4, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Saturday May 9, 2009

Sunday May 10, 2009 ****Mothers Day****

Saturday May 16, 2008 Dayton Model Boat Club Dayton, Ohio

Sunday May 17, 2009

Saturday May 23, 2009 Memorial Weekend

Sunday May 24, 2009 Memorial Weekend

Saturday May 30, 2009

Saturday May 31, 2009 Saginaw Model Boat Club Saginaw

Saturday June 6, 2009 Northern Lights London, Ontario

Sunday June 7, 2009 Northern Lights London, Ontario

Saturday June 13, 2009 Driftwood Model Boat Club Celina Ohio

Sunday June 14, 2009 Driftwood Model Boat Club Celina Ohio

Saturday June 20, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club London, Ontario

Sunday June 21, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club London, Ontario

Saturday June 27, 2009

Sunday June 28, 2009

Saturday July 4, 2009 **** Independence Day****

Sunday July 5, 2009

Saturday July 11,2009

Sunday July 12, 2009

Saturday July 18, 2008

Sunday July 19, 2009

Saturday July 25, 2009 Internats

Sunday July 26, 2009 Internats

Saturday August 1, 2009 Internats

Sunday August 2, 2009

Saturday August 8, 2009 Transom Twisters Tech Center ****Tentatively****

Sunday August 9, 2009 Transom Twisters Tech Center ****Tentatively****

Saturday August 15, 2009 Cleveland Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Sunday August 16, 2009 Cleveland Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Saturday August 22, 2009

Sunday August 23, 2009

Saturday August 29, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club **Northern Nats**

Sunday August 30, 2009 Thames Valley Model Boat Club **Northern Nats**

Saturday September 5, 2009

Sunday September 6, 2009

Saturday September 12, 2009

Sunday September 13, 2009

Saturday September 19, 2009 Performance Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Sunday September 20, 2009 Performance Model Boat Club Seville, Ohio

Saturday September 26, 2009

Sunday September 27, 2009 Oakland Wolverine Model Boat Club Spencer Park

Saturday October 3, 2009

Sunday October 4, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Saturday October 10, 2009 FAST Record Trials Thread Lake

Sunday October 11, 2009

Saturday October 17, 2009

Sunday October 18, 2009

Saturday October 24, 2009

Sunday October 25, 2009

Thanks,

Kevin

The FMBC District 2 Race has been rescheduled for September 12th and 13th at camp Dearborn in Milford Michigan. Saturday September 12th will gas day, classes run will be: LS27 Mono, LS27 Cat, Gas Sport Hydro, Thunder Boat, Gas Hydro (Rigger), Super Stock, and Novice. Sunday September 13 will be nitro day, classes run will be: B-D Tunnel, B-D-E/F Hydro (rigger), B-D Mono, Sport 20, Sport 40, 1/8 Scale and Novice. Camping, Concessions, Play Grounds on site, See www.campdearborn.com for more info. $6 entry fee into park. Any questions please email me at [email protected] I will put together a flier to post on the IMPBA web site soon.

Thanks, Josh-

The FMBC District 2 Race has been rescheduled for September 12th and 13th at camp Dearborn in Milford Michigan. Saturday September 12th will gas day, classes run will be: LS27 Mono, LS27 Cat, Gas Sport Hydro, Thunder Boat, Gas Hydro (Rigger), Super Stock, and Novice. Sunday September 13 will be nitro day, classes run will be: B-D Tunnel, B-D-E/F Hydro (rigger), B-D Mono, Sport 20, Sport 40, 1/8 Scale and Novice. Camping, Concessions, Play Grounds on site, See www.campdearborn.com for more info. $6 entry fee into park. Any questions please email me at [email protected] I will put together a flier to post on the IMPBA web site soon.
Thanks, Josh-
That's great news Josh!! Congrats on putting it together for us to have another local race!

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks, Josh-

Which Pond at camp Dearborn? The first pond as you enter the Campground or farther back?

Back