IMPBA District 13 - First race of the year!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOBBYH

District 13's race season kicks off in Sycamore, GA with a Grand Prix race. There's still time to enter. 14 classes are offered. Details can be found HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
BOBBYH said:
District 13's race season kicks off in Sycamore, GA with a Grand Prix race. There's still time to enter. 14 classes are offered. Details can be found HERE
83770[/snapback]

Would have loved to come race with you but we have a Highpoints Series race that same weekend. Planning on making Atlanta though.

Good Luck and have FUN!

Ron

Thanks Ron! We have a race planned almost every month until Nov. Hopefully you can make it up a few more times after the Spring Nats.

I E-mailed Jim Ragan our registration information last night.

We will be running in the following classes:

LSG MONO: 4 entries

LSG OPEN MONO: 4 entries

LSG CAT: 1 entry

OPEN LSG HYDRO: 1 entry

OPEN LSG OFFSHORE: 2 entries

The Grand Prix races are nice laid back events. We start racing @ noon on Saturday and normally finish up by 4 or 5 on Sunday.

Later,

Lamar

Since our Grand Prix Series races are smaller and laid back, they are good for new or first time racers as well as for knocking the winter "rust" off. If you're a new boater and have been hesitant about racing, enter this race or one of our other Grand Prix races, you'll have a good time getting your feet wet at one of these events.

As of yesterday, 40 boats entered. Lamar's going, anyone else from IW heading to Sycamore?

I'll be there running or not.....!!! Waiting on parts to come together :( I have not recived my IMPBA cards yet.. But did make copys of application and M.O. !! :p

Butch

Lamar_Huff said:

The Grand Prix races are nice laid back events.  We start racing @ noon on Saturday and normally finish up by 4 or 5 on Sunday. 

Later,

Lamar

83975[/snapback]

Lamar, I assume all boats are still yellow???????

The Charleston Model Boaters is still looking to pull together a Grand Prix race next month. Final details are being worked now with a different lake than originally planned. An announcment will be made very soon. Date is expected to be 19 & 20 Mar.

Will send my entry to Atlanta's spring race this weekend. Looking forward to it and the twin shootout especially.

Myself, Don and Trey Gilbert will be there with 11 tunnels next wekend, looking forward to showing a few lynx's what its all about with my new Nemesis. :ph34r: :D Stock class should also be a blast!

~James

John Knight said:
Lamar_Huff said:

The Grand Prix races are nice laid back events.  We start racing @ noon on Saturday and normally finish up by 4 or 5 on Sunday. 

Later,

Lamar

83975[/snapback]

Lamar, I assume all boats are still yellow???????

The Charleston Model Boaters is still looking to pull together a Grand Prix race next month. Final details are being worked now with a different lake than originally planned. An announcment will be made very soon. Date is expected to be 19 & 20 Mar.

Will send my entry to Atlanta's spring race this weekend. Looking forward to it and the twin shootout especially.

84634[/snapback]

John,

Yep, all boats are still yellow. All of the old red & blue Youngblood's have finally been retired. Scott may run my old 60 mono in a few High Points races just for the he!! of it. Not very competitive, but it will finish every heat if he he learns to throttle back. :rolleyes:

We have added a few more Yellow boats to the Stable over the off-season:

- 1 new 47.5" Microburst w/ a Zenoah 260

- 1 new Sprintcat w/ a Zenoah 260

- 2 new R/C Boatworks Crakerboxes w/ Zenoah 260's

- 1 new 42" Microburst 60 mono w/ a CMB .67

- 1 new Seaducer w/ a MAC 45

It is becoming too much work to keep all this stuff running...

Norman told me this morning that we have 102 boats entered so far for the Spring Nats. 57 Nitro and 45 Gas...

Later,

Lamar

BOBBYH said:
As of yesterday, 40 boats entered. Lamar's going, anyone else from IW heading to Sycamore?
84621[/snapback]

Bobby,

I know Norman Morton & Mike Cliatt from the Atlanta club are going. We tried to talk a few of the new guys into coming down and entering their first race. They were iffy @ best. Big Chuck siad that he may come down and debut his new Gas Mono...

I am looking forward to the first official race of our season! Open water on Sunday in Atlanta was a blast. Even got a sunburn... Wierd weather for February.

See you guys @ the pond!

Later,

Lamar

looks like the tunnel classes will be fun i am planning on being there with my running partner. i will have my fleet there i will br running 3.5 stock,3.5 mod,7.5 and open with my 11cc. i can't wait to get there to race even if you can't run come on out to watch the action and have some fun. see ya soon jimmy

Lamar_Huff said:
BOBBYH said:
84621[/snapback]

Bobby,

I know Norman Morton & Mike Cliatt from the Atlanta club are going. We tried to talk a few of the new guys into coming down and entering their first race. They were iffy @ best. Big Chuck siad that he may come down and debut his new Gas Mono...

I am looking forward to the first official race of our season! Open water on Sunday in Atlanta was a blast. Even got a sunburn... Wierd weather for February.

See you guys @ the pond!

Later,

Lamar

84711[/snapback]

No one from here is going to make it to Sycamore, but I should be at the rest of the races and a few of the guys are showing a lot of interest in getting out of town this year.

The weather's been great here too! We had eight boats out at the lake, 3 20 tunnels, Gas mono, 60 mono and 3 electric Chris Crafts that provided a quiet break from the thunder boats. This should be a fun year! I'll see you guys at the lake next month!

-Bobby

As of today 77 boats entered and the weather looks ok. Should be a good race to kick off the season!

77 boats...! Good number for a grand prix! Cant wait.... Loading up the trailer tommorow ( :ph34r: whats that you say John?....)

~James

topfuel443 said:
77 boats...! Good number for a grand prix! Cant wait.... Loading up the trailer tommorow  ( :ph34r:   whats that you say John?....)
~James

85924[/snapback]

True emough. Make the Charleston Model Boaters proud!

you missed the whole "trailer" reference.... :D

Will keep you updated on the results as the weekend goes by...

~Gabe

Many thanks to the SOWEGA Model Boaters for putting on a great race. I think we ended up with over 80 boats entered... Not bad @ all for a Grand Prix race in the middle of February.

The weather turned out to be rather nice all weekend. Sunday was a bit windy, but aside from that 'Mother Nature' was very kind.

I was surprised by the number of Tunnel Boats @ the event. It looks like tunnels may be making a comeback in District XIII.

All in all I had a great time and even brought home a few trophies to boot!

Later,

Lamar

Back