IHBA Drag Boats in Augusta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Norris

Looks like some buddys and myself are heading down Saturday Morning. Anybody else planning to be there?

Scott

Looks like some buddys and myself are heading down Saturday Morning. Anybody else planning to be there?

Scott
Make sure to stop by the Speed Sports Special Top Fuel Hydro pit sometime and say hello. Ask any of the crew guys for myself and I will show you the boat, etc. Hope to see you there.

Mike Rappold
Looking forward to meeting you Mike. We'll look you up Saturday.

You're really making me envious. Its been about 15 yrs since I've been to the boat drags. I guess I need to start checking the schedules and seeing what isn't too far away so that I can attend something before the next 15 yrs goes by :rolleyes: .

Great Day!! Saw a Top Fuel Hydro go to the bottom of the river in World Record Time!! I'll fill you in later! :)

Here's a link to the story from Augusta. The Video is of a rollover that happened early in the day. Last run of the day I was standing at the start line waters edge when the Hot Licks Hydro Launched and planted it's nose. It Submarined and went under at the Lights. Saw the tips of the sponsons for about 3 seconds then it was gone!! Nothing but a spot of boiling bubbles on the water after that. The Rescue crews had him out within 2 minutes. Not sure how they haul a boat off of the bottom like that. Had to head back to Charlotte so I didn't get to see them haul it out.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2009/07/19/oth_541402.shtml

PS: The Speed Sports Hydro that Mike Rappold works on was Hauling The Frigging Mail! They stood on their 1st round time and afer second round are still #1 Qualifier. The air will be cooler and drier than it was yesterday so making power should be easy for Eliminations today.

Scott , thanks for that good link ...I posted it over on Scream and Fly .com on the Augusta thread . There is a good photo thread over there and the site is easy to join . Thanks !

I had so dang much fun at Augusta I'm heading to Oak Hollow Lake in High Point this weekend to see em run again! Got to meet Mike Rappold briefly at Augusta. Mike if you read this, I'll try to pry myself away from the Start Line this weekend to come visit a bit longer.

I had so dang much fun at Augusta I'm heading to Oak Hollow Lake in High Point this weekend to see em run again! Got to meet Mike Rappold briefly at Augusta. Mike if you read this, I'll try to pry myself away from the Start Line this weekend to come visit a bit longer.
Scott,

It was nice to meet you and several other RC boaters this past weekend at the races. Glad you had a good time. We will be running this coming weekend at High Point, NC. The same fuel boats are supposed to be there plus one more I beleive. Unfortunately this is the one race I will not be attending due to other family commitments this weekend - so sorry I will miss you.

After High Point, NC the next races are Marble Falls TX, San Diego CA, and then Phoenix AZ. So if you are in the area for those races, make sure to stop by.

Augusta was great race for us. We won the race overall, posted our best ET, and had our second best mph at 256 mph.

Mike

Mike I hate I won't be able to ask you the 358 questions that I have for you about the Boat. :) I'll keep an eye on your buddies and make sure they don't screw up.

See you next time!

Scott

Back