IDENTIFY ZENOAH, FOUND IT G2A

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oei , that looks real old and bad. Have no clue what type it is.It's funny as the flywheel with coolfin is at the opposite side of where it in the current engines is. So must be older then GD-2 type.

Julius

She's an Old one alright, but for $15 I don't think you could go wrong. Try to find a Walbro carb for it with a 1/2" venturi, wa167 would be really good. I don't think you will get much more than 10-12k out of it in a boat but propped right it could still get you to 40 mph. Check to see if it has Electronic ignition, if it does your all set, if not(if it has points) then try to get a little electronic ignition module off a lawn mower repair center. (I would email Scott S, he will know what your looking for ;) ) Water cool it and trim the flywheel down, get rid of that housing to save some weight.

Thanks for the help, looks like it had electronic ignition but the module is missing. Otherwise it looks pretty good inside, wonder if any of the newer big bore kits would fit it? The coil bolts inside to the housing, only has 2 bolts I wonder if any of the relocator plates will fit so I can do away with the big housing? From looking at the relocator plates it looks like the newer coils use 3 bolts, but not sure since I know very little about the Zenoahs. Thanks again all advise is most appreciated. Richard

All the zenoahs I know of only have 2 bolts on the coils. The older 2 port cylinders may bolt on, the new 4 port cylinders would take a lot of work. On the 2 ports the transfers were symeterical, the new 4 ports are off center. Depending on how much material is on the outside of the case you might be able to get the 4 port transfers lined up, if it is thin on the casting already you will have no hope. I doubt that very many performance parts will carry over due to the flywheel being on the opposite end. Pretty much you would be best off running it as you got it with a little port work or buying a complete newer Zenoah for performance. With the New superior rc230 only costing $130 it would be hard to justify spending big $$ on this one to get it to 4 port standards.

Thanks Mike and everyone, I finally made out the tag on it, G2A and crossed it to an early Green Machine. Think I'll add it to the growing "what's that" shelf, and pick up a new Zen or Superior. Thanks again. Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Back