I wish I would have had a camera........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first run............got the boat running right off, dropped it in, took off nicely.......wait, lemme set this up........we have a log-boom with a 20 ft opening in front of our boat dock about 100 ft from shore, I thought I'd drop the boat off the dock and steer it through the opening :) . So as I dropped it in I realized for some reason everything that I did to the radio was happening opposite to the boat. so the boat is heading toward the log at about 20 MPH ...and all I could remember was that you push the trigger fully forward to shut down. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was BACKWARD, so I hit the log at a 45 degree angle at WOT, it went about 6 feet high corkscrewing, landed upside down enough to scoop full of water (threw the hood off), flipped over, and kept going for another 200 ft before I realized I needed to pull the trigger all the way back.

Whew, that was a nice initiation, and would be a great advertisement for Twincraft, the only thing it did was shear a pin holding the port side turn fin on...no marks on the boat or anything else!!!!!

I'm still shaking, with that and the nitro smell all over me, it was ALMOST like sex 8) WHATTA RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!! Been there, done that! (but not with a log)

Wahooo!!! Congrats, Dude! Sounds like you had a great first run...even with the radio problems. (have you figured out what the servo reverse switch is for?)

I've never run a 'Twinky' but heard they were tough.

Just imagine how much fun it will be when you get everything sorted out and can just play.

FYI...I ALWAYS do a radio/range check before the first run of the day -- even if I KNOW it's set up right.

Propjockey Racing.....the bug bites HARD, don't it?

BTW...I'm not gonna touch your last statement with a 10 foot pole.... ;D

hehehe good call .......... After I dried it out I tried to figure out what was wrong...the switch didn't make a bit of difference. One thing I noticed was that there was some kind of short because every time I touched the ignitor to the glow plug tip I heard one of the servos make a noise. SO now I have no idea what caused it, more to follow...........

Having the servos twitch when you put the igniter to the glow plug is normal, you are creating radio interference very close the receiver because of the 2 metals rubbing together.

LOL……..sounds like what happens when I have the wrong boat pulled up from memory in the transmitter……..TUNL A and TUNL B have the steering reversed but the throttle is the same……so sometimes I don’t know until I get it in the water.

One time when I was new to the radio….I had switched it to an empty memory slot where the throttle was reversed while trying to get it back to the right boat. (while the boat is running in the water)

Long story short……..The throttle opens all the way up, I can’t control it and It goes right under the pier W-A-O-T.

hairraiser.gif

Missed everything

bowdown.gif

Now whenever I turn on the receiver, I do a range check to make sure I have the right boat programmed. :)

Strykerpilot,

Be sure to check the steering goes theright way too! Standing behind the the boat when you move the stick or wheel to the right the rudder should move to the right to! ;D

Good luck!

Checking to see if you have steering before you launch is standard opperating porcedure in my district. It does not take long to try it right and take a look. This way you have at least steering. Even if the throttle has failed, you will be able to keep it away from anything (not to mention people) that might hurt your boat until the fuel runs out.

Mike

HA HA, I love when I hear that laugh on the Simpson'S, HA HA. Don't worry I've done it also. Sometimes even when your looking from the rear you second guess your radio set up. Keep on plugging a long. BTW, I love my Twin Craft's. I hate to do it but I'm gonna sell my twin .45 Youngblood that was all built by Calvin Motley. It is a sweet boat with one motor counter reversed. Awesome!! And it's RTR. More to come on that later.

If you really want to shake your self up try twin's!

: :) Lol reminds me of when the receiver battery came loose in my Htb 260. Wide open across the lake into a pile of boulders which made it take off like a ski jump landing in the trees which threw it back into the lake still running wide open, landing on the bottom cutting tight doughnuts lol. Good ole Mark Hopper was trying to chase it down with the retreival boat and trying to knock it down with a boat paddle trying to kill it. Man you would have had to been there as I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face. Resulting damage? Not a scratch on the boat and just a bent prop. ;D ;D ;D

LMAO, Well at the the TWIN is thick and can take abuse. I have just beached one of mine, didnt really break anything or screw anything up.

Now i dooooooooo TEST and be sure there is radio working and turning and shutting down the right way.

and the mulity model TXs do get mixed up from model to model, a few seconds to double check it, works for me.

and when you do put the ignitor on the plug it will twitch. all mine do it.

good luck, and set that throttle to 1/2 open untill you get used to it.

Latest posts

Back