I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrrr- I'm at a sticky point Grim and need some advice-

I posted this over on TRF also- but thought maybe you had some input .....

So Im at the point that Im going to join the nacelles to the body tube and WOW - the sure isnt a lot of meat there for them to attach. The MadCow kit use a piece of balsa over ply and then trim the balsa back to make a stab into the BT - But it sure seems weak, anyone build this kit that can offer some advice before I proceed. I really wish I had made some type of through fin type deal for them had Id known.

Andy

Bill or anyone else feel free to chime in.

Get some am Bill, going with my bro in the am to watch him fly the 1/4 Scale F-7 and show off my Mark .

I think we have it figured out , but I will posts some pics with what I came up with before I lock em in. Its **** close to paint-

I cant wait , your gonna LOVE this one
default_cool.png

My brother is showing a Ton of interest in the other Atlas that Glenn gave me after he saw the Mark all done-
default_wink.png

Here ya go Bill -

z8wbc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy glass in any parts you are concerned about. I know it's more work but it's the best method to keep it strong. Otherwise it's a good looker but falling apart during or after flight is no fun. I've had that issue on many big kits and it's the only true fix. Also how strong are the fin mounts and tips?

Heh are you planning to go to the big rocket fly in and convention at NASA?

Ron

Seems like a lenghtwise balsa I beam would work. I would run the center beam cross grain. Then some 1/8" sq basswood for the rest.

This Ibeam would go between the two parts

Grim

Ron , I was able to epoxy the back sides of the mounts ( inside the nacelles ) Due to the ease of accessing them. They are pretty solid.

Grim, Im not sure how square I can can something like that inside the tube at this point because its a solid 26-28 inches inside the BT . Had I had caught what the instructions fail to include - prior to joining the body tubes it would have been as simple as the fix for the nacelles . At this point I think I'm going to tac them in with CA from the outside and manufactore a brush on a stick and epoxy the heck out of the insides - as that shouldnt hinder anything inside the rocket .

Andy

Nacelles installed -

Now just another few years of sanding and it should be done
default_rolleyes.gif
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png

whh8r4.jpg

2nh423a.jpg

Andy

Patients weed hopper, do the right thing on paint job!!!!!!
The three color with the blue ???

I HATE YOU
default_tongue.png

The only reason I DONT want to do that one Ray is - its been done SOOO MANY TIMES,

I kinda want to do a more little know scheme - if that makes sense ??

Patients weed hopper, do the right thing on paint job!!!!!!
The three color with the blue ???

I HATE YOU
default_tongue.png

The only reason I DONT want to do that one Ray is - its been done SOOO MANY TIMES,

I kinda want to do a more little know scheme - if that makes sense ??
3 words,"It's the Original". After this one you'll have it down, build another with palm trees on it.
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
RRRay

Im going with the grey white with a twist - that I have scale pics of btw
default_wink.png

So it IS the real one Rrray....

Many many variation available
default_tongue.png

The Bomark was Basically one of the first drones in modern terms.

Wow.. great vids.. I could not imagine being the receiving end of one of those..

Grim
Yeah all it had to do was come close.

Grim I guess as long as it doesnt arc 90 deg and keep flying it all good right
default_ohmy.png
default_ohmy.png
default_ohmy.png

Thats it , Im finished sanding
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Back