I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gonna attach it tonight- to say In skeered would be an understatement
default_ohmy.png

I wont ever do a scale like this again- from here on out just basic HUGE dual deploy 'crack' style rockets
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its one unit now, need to attach the engine nacelle's and sand , sand . sand
default_wink.png

I pre shaped the main conduit to make life easier in the final fairing work
default_sleep.png

Still a ways to go, but the trip step I have been avoiding is over
default_rolleyes.gif

1z4uwp1.jpg

I was really dead set on this paint scheme when I got this kit- but mid way in the build Im re-thinking it.

Here is what I had in mind when I got this kit -

51vyc4.png

But Im almost leaning toward the black or grey version- maybe even the Canadian one ??? Help me decide while I sand my life away
default_tongue.png

AirForceRocket.jpg

RIMG_0536.JPG

bomarc.jpg

11tagbl.jpg

What specific color is that Grim-

Quite frankly it would be the easiest color to do - much more forgiving than the white or black imho .

Was a little concerned about its contrast to the sky for recovery purposes, but it pretty big and isnt going to be that high altitude for a mid power.

Thoughts ?

If your sanding your life away, do it right. The top photo, blue,gold and white. That is bad azz. RRRay
Of course you pick the 3 color one Hammer
default_tongue.png

It really was my first choice- still on the fence, as it would show up easier on a cloudy or clear day ( important)

But the grey was more common and more forgiving to paint- but hard to see on a cloudy or low ceiling day .

I got plenty of sanding to do in the mean time............

LMAO - It just ocoured to me the colors on the Mark and the colors on the Bomark are pretty **** close for that scheme Rrray -

RRRick got any paint left over
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

If your sanding your life away, do it right. The top photo, blue,gold and white. That is bad azz. RRRay
Of course you pick the 3 color one Hammer
default_tongue.png

It really was my first choice- still on the fence, as it would show up easier on a cloudy or clear day ( important)

But the grey was more common and more forgiving to paint- but hard to see on a cloudy or low ceiling day .

I got plenty of sanding to do in the mean time............

LMAO - It just ocoured to me the colors on the Mark and the colors on the Bomark are pretty **** close for that scheme Rrray -

RRRick got any paint left over
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
I rest my case your honor.
default_wink.png
RRRay

Found this while searching around- very helpful
default_wink.png

66lyjp.jpg

Rrray Im not to sure how ready he is to paint another project of mine
default_tongue.png

Thanks for the tip.I'll try the Icing. I used the Elmer's wood filler as suggested by some on the Rocketry Forum. It didn't stick too well so I ended up having to glop it on. Needless to say when it hardened, it took allot of sanding to get it off. Upon further review, the Leviathan came out pretty nice but the Aerotech Arcas is where I had problems with the spirals not getting filled. Also, the Estes tubing seemed a little more abrasion resistant to the sanding. The Aerotech tubing fuzzed up a bit. Don't know if it was me or the tubes are manufactured by different companies. Nice looking Hawk!
We tried a 3-m brand that works just as well today - its a few bucks cheaper
default_wink.png

3-M Platinum Glaze - * 12011

Thanks Andy. I'll try that out next time around.

I Finished up the Aerotec Arcas and Estes Leviathan this today. Spirals showed up a little but not to bad. Especially since I used flat paint. Will post some pic's next week after I receive some decals.

My buddy picked up my Wildman Dark Star 3" this afternoon. Can't wait to get to work on it. I'm seriously considering running this rocket short (without the upper tube and no DD) for my L1 cert. Stability looks great on Rocksim with the full spectrum of L1 motors and she'll stand 64" and probably weigh in at about 7 pounds. The other option I was thinking of was picking up a LOC Precision Minie-magg. Those short squatty rockets just look cool coming off the pad.

Here is a pic of someone's Darkstar 3 "short version".

10010321973_baf5e41511_z.jpg

Gotta love those sparky motors
default_cool.png

My Argent is a sweetheart on G40-7W's BTW ....

Cant wait to hear your flight report on the Leviathan
default_wink.png

Hey Mike- Check this out, THIS is what you need to build- sans the charge/chute failure at 1:37
default_ph34r.png

2 Stage D/S
default_cool.png

From a L-905 to a K360 2nd stage
default_ohmy.png

A mere 13,900 ft
default_wink.png

That's nuts!!! I was surprised the gentleman launched her on that kind of power with the fins out of alignment. I noticed two sets of jiggles in the video, Was that the rocket breaking mach??

For giggles I sim'ed the DS3 with a L950. Should take her up over 12K. LOL!!

My buddy's highest flight blew the main at apogee (16K!). Thank god he had a tracker in it. That sucker drifted 9 miles.

planes! 006.jpgplanes! 008.jpgplanes! 009.jpgWelp, i just finished building the Semi-Scale Estes V-2...now ive gotta figure out how i want to paint it! The Body tube with the black nose cone sittin on it on the right side of the pic is my next lil project.....i want to build a make believe addition to my Fit Bull/ Bull Pup family....kinda goofy, but i just wanna! Havin FUN!!

attachicon.gif
planes! 006.jpg
attachicon.gif
planes! 008.jpg
attachicon.gif
planes! 009.jpgWelp, i just finished building the Semi-Scale Estes V-2...now ive gotta figure out how i want to paint it! The Body tube with the black nose cone sittin on it on the right side of the pic is my next lil project.....i want to build a make believe addition to my Fit Bull/ Bull Pup family....kinda goofy, but i just wanna! Havin FUN!!
Bill,

Thats looking like a cool First stage
default_rolleyes.gif
Hmmmmmm
default_wink.png

I have been sanding sanding and sanding- even though it doesnt show
default_blink.png

Got the conduit profile pretty close- and the leading and trailing edge profiles of the wings started - I'm holding off on attaching the nacelles until I get what I have the way I want it- other wise its next to impossible to finish properly. Kinda thinking along the same lines as the finish on the Argent- it had a BUNCH of coats on it before we started the final fill and finish- but in the long run it made the finish much easier to work with. If I go with the blue or black BT it gonna need to be right
default_sleep.png

23ubreo.jpg

Very nice work guys!!

My buddy dropped off the Darkstar an hour ago. All I have to say is OMG! What am I getting myself into??

Back