I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some flying in this weekend with the CIA... Next weekend is Midwest Power YEA!

this weekend I got in three flights

New Pro II E2X Majestic with booster on an F15 to F15 combo (the chase was ON!). The Red Hot Chilli Pepper on an H250 and the Chilli Pepper on an old Vulcan F100. The frist flight on the pepper it landed on the taxyway at Rantoul.. paint is TOAST!

http://cia-rocketry.smugmug.com/date/2006-01-01/2013-10-28#!i=2864130892&k=8hkrGqg

Grim

I admit, I got the HI flyin bug, bought at an estate sale 4 small rockets, and 2 boxes of engines, from a to c size my Grandson and I flew 3 of the 4 rockets many times, lost them after about 3-6 flights each one landed on top of the GM plant next door, one never ejected the parachute, the other we think got stolen, anyways about 40 more B and C size engines to launch, looking to buy and build more rockets to fire up, and will fly at a better location..lol

I admit, I got the HI flyin bug, bought at an estate sale 4 small rockets, and 2 boxes of engines, from a to c size my Grandson and I flew 3 of the 4 rockets many times, lost them after about 3-6 flights each one landed on top of the GM plant next door, one never ejected the parachute, the other we think got stolen, anyways about 40 more B and C size engines to launch, looking to buy and build more rockets to fire up, and will fly at a better location..lol
Its simply another ADDICTION....i got back into it about 3-4 years ago...and now ive got rockets ALL OVER THE PLACE!My Granddaughters have flown em, even my wife has one that says "GRAMMY 0NE"!!!

Its simply another ADDICTION....i got back into it about 3-4 years ago...and now ive got rockets ALL OVER THE PLACE!My Granddaughters have flown em, even my wife has one that says "GRAMMY 0NE"!!!
Aint that the truth - My addiction has been of the bigger higher faster form - dying to fly a few of my un flown builds that are gathering dust. Hope you and Judy are well Bill, miss ya.

Any news on Grims L-2 Attempt this weekend ????????

Andy

Aint that the truth - My addiction has been of the bigger higher faster form - dying to fly a few of my un flown builds that are gathering dust. Hope you and Judy are well Bill, miss ya.

Andy
Andy, hope we will get together soon, be it flyin rockets, or even runnin a boat or two at Brandon, on a Sat. or Sun!Hope momma is healing up well...tell her i said HEY!

Grim is #2 did it Sat about 1030am just befor i got there

him an Kenny was walking up the road or should i say huffin an puffing up the road

you guys always talk about shooting off rockets

you never said how you GO an find them no matter HOW FAR AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY that might be

i never wald as much deer hunting

CONCRATS Grim #2

GRIM - BIG GIANT HUGE CONGRATS on your L-2 Cert flight.....

VIDEO REQUIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS HEAR IT BUDDY .......

Andy
Andy, hope we will get together soon, be it flyin rockets, or even runnin a boat or two at Brandon, on a Sat. or Sun!Hope momma is healing up well...tell her i said HEY!

Say the word Bill, Sundays are best - hence no rockets for me latetly -_-

Pins come out in 3 more weeks , then a week after that she starts re-hab :mellow:

Doing the best we can. Getting out and running at the HSC was well needed, picked up an Outlaw 40 while I was there :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Burn time is 1.02 seconds and makes a peek of 49.3N (11.07 Lbs of thrust!) YEEE HAW..

Its a fast buring motor.

I dont have any data on that compo. I do have that rocket at around 860' on an E9.. wait.. wait. aha.. 1109' on the E30..

Grim

rockets DAM MISSLES was what these were

i had no idea what i was in for (thank you again Mike)

first day it was cloudy they were going through them NO PROBLUM

then we go back at night i mean DARK flashlight DARK

they look cool on the pad with LEDs an all then they shoot off in to the stars

with flashlights in the DARK you go look for it ( all this after a few cocktails )

corn stubble sucks in the DARK

Sundays reaport latter my 1 finger is sore now

Marty

Marty,

Thanks for coming out.. its eye opening isent it!

First time you hear an M or N light its like.. O SHI............... and that 50 lb rocket is GOING to come down cuz they dont get stuck up there!

I am trying to figure out the best way to report the event but as just an update. I did cert L2 but not on the large rocket. I had to go to my backup Miss Bardahl rocket. I zipperd the big one.

More soon.

Grim

Time for me to close the door on some unfinished business.........

The Nike-X has been this close for waaay to long and the Bomark needs some love, So I set up a little work bench that will allow me to get a little progress done. I'm waaay over boats right now and it dawned on me how there is zero bs for me to deal with in my other hobby -_-

I have had I MadCow Hawk / A Magician and 2 MadCow Mozzies RTF for over 8 months :eek: :eek: :eek:

and yet I deal with people instead of just watching my work speak for itself :ph34r:

2usfply.jpg

Back