I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Vette had a late delay some time ago.. H238.. the delay went long (you can watch it on my you tube page).. Vette Crash).. zipper big time!

Grim

Got some flying in with the CIA yesterday.. (13)..

Here are a few pics..

Randy Millican (railbuttons.com) sent us a new 3/4" rail and some buttons.. FANTASTIC.. for sure I will be building my 24mm rockets using the from now on. They work great. No more rocket spinning on the rod. Truth is they could be used on most all low power rockets.

I flew my Mike Dorffer signed goony (I built this when I was about 13).. and my old Little Joe II.. as well as the Corvette!

Grim
Great pics Grim! LOVE the old stuff! I built the smaller LJII when i was a kid...i think it was a Centuri kit...GREAT smoke trail! MD could sure design some neat rockets!! Nice Sprint too!

hay Mike the rockets are cool but

wish you would use the outher better looking MODEL to show off the rockets though

Marty

have not called about a room for midwest power yet you still going?

I am going Marty and I have room for ya (unless you are bringing a buddy).. just get your a$$ to the event!

Grim

Anyone seen this yet ?

Quoted from TRF-

So amazing you'd think it was CGI:

Grasshopper 744m hop test shot from RC hexacopter

"On Monday, October 7th, Grasshopper completed its highest leap to date, rising to 744m altitude. The view above is taken from a single camera hexacopter, getting closer to the stage than in any previous flight.

Grasshopper is a 10-story Vertical Takeoff Vertical Landing (VTVL) vehicle designed to test the technologies needed to return a rocket back to Earth intact. While most rockets are designed to burn up on atmosphere reentry, SpaceX rockets are being designed not only to withstand reentry, but also to return to the launch pad for a vertical landing. The Grasshopper VTVL vehicle represents a critical step towards this goal.

Grasshopper consists of a Falcon 9 rocket first stage tank, Merlin 1D engine, four steel and aluminum landing legs with hydraulic dampers, and a steel support structure."

Last edited by a moderator:
BB&MM 054.jpgBB&MM 055.jpgBB&MM 056.jpgHavent had much to post here lately, BUT i managed to make the TTRA Oct launch yesterday, and had a GREAT time! i maidened 5 new birds and they flew just fine!Here's what went up!

1)Estes Baby Bertha 1rst launch B6-4

2)Semroc/Centuri Snipe Hunter first flight A8-3

3)Restored Estes Bandit C6-7

4)Estes Mini Max 1rst launch A10-3T

5)Scratch built AGM-256 PitBull 1rst launch D12-5

6)Estes Big Bertha D12-5

7)Estes Sprint XL D12-5

8)Estes Hi Flyer XL D12-5

Everything launched and landed great with no damage! My friend Lonnie built an upscale Bandit..did a real nice job..power was from a cluster of Three "C" motors.....awesome day!

Wish we could have made it out Bill- lots going on and kinda tough getting momma around..........

You will be missed next weekend- come out and say hey if you can, miss ya brother B)

attachicon.gif
BB&MM 054.jpg
attachicon.gif
BB&MM 055.jpg
attachicon.gif
BB&MM 056.jpgHavent had much to post here lately, BUT i managed to make the TTRA Oct launch yesterday, and had a GREAT time! i maidened 5 new birds and they flew just fine!Here's what went up!

1)Estes Baby Bertha 1rst launch B6-4

2)Semroc/Centuri Snipe Hunter first flight A8-3

3)Restored Estes Bandit C6-7

4)Estes Mini Max 1rst launch A10-3T

5)Scratch built AGM-256 PitBull 1rst launch D12-5

6)Estes Big Bertha D12-5

7)Estes Sprint XL D12-5

8)Estes Hi Flyer XL D12-5

Everything launched and landed great with no damage! My friend Lonnie built an upscale Bandit..did a real nice job..power was from a cluster of Three "C" motors.....awesome day!
NICE.. good to see you getting out. The Sprint XL will become your faiv... its a fantastic rocket.

BTY.. you are starting to loose it man.. your building is over the top and your choice of rockets on par with super cool.. Tell your bud great job on the up-scale.

ROCKET AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy, i hope you guys have a GREAT race!...I sure had a good Time last year! I already missed one of Haleys Vollyball games to go launch rockets....id better not miss ANOTHER! Wish ya nothing but the BEST!

Grim, thats one heck of a compliment coming from someone with your ABILITIES! Thank you! The Sprint XL is AWESOME! If the winds were moving the right way i would have stuck an E motor in it! Estes XL series rockets are just great fun to build-n-fly! I see a V-2 build in the near future!

Fin can going together..
Slick idea with the cloths pins, deep throat. ;)
learned that idea in either the villain or nemesis build instructions, grim :) . they work very well in a lot of places. nice gentle pressure that doesn't warp or distort things. cheap too (just like me)! oops, i meant frugal :p :lol: :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back